General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People saving a motorcyclist for a change (after a driver nearly kills him)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Foodog
I'm surprised that no one bothered to check the rider after he was pulled from underneath the car. He could have been in desperate need of CPR. He's a lucky dude though that all those people came together and rescued him.
That's what i was thinking

Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 AM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Saw it on Fox this morning. Pretty amazing. I was curious about everyone staying away from the guy after he was pulled out from under the car. At first I thought maybe he was dead. Glad to hear he is stable. A news article I read said that the BMW pulled out of a parking lot, in front of the bike. I'm sure he "never saw" the motorcycle...be safe out there everyone...

Old 09-13-2011, 10:12 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

After being pulled from under the car, no one bothered to check on the rider. That is, until the police started to try and move him.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:35 AM
cornholio
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
How much you want to bet the douche in the suit and tie standing around doing nothing while everyone else is frantically trying to save the guy, is the owner of the beemer that almost killed the guy?
I was staring at the a-hole in the suit the whole time I was watching the video. No doubt he's the driver.

Last edited by cornholio; 09-14-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:37 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
How much you want to bet the douche in the suit and tie standing around doing nothing while everyone else is frantically trying to save the guy, is the owner of the beemer that almost killed the guy?
What a POS. Looked like he could barely be troubled not to lean on the car while they were trying to lift it. Yep, probably the BMW driver. I think he was taking some pictures at one point.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech23
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope this guy makes a full recovery, he is lucky to have a crowd willing to get involved. Look at the amount of damage to the front of the car and the position of the car in the parking lot. I would guess the car was speeding and just darting through the parking lot before the guy on the bike tried to avoid him. Be careful out there and pay extra attention in parking lots.

Tech23

Old 09-13-2011, 12:48 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would bet most people didn't do anything to the biker after he got pulled free because none of them knew what to do. I know CPR and basic first aid from the military and I took some classes, but most people will just stare at someone mouth agape because they simply don't know what to do.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most people don't know what to do and most people don't carry fire extinguishers in their cars. Everytime I have to give a class I always stress that the fire extinguishers in my personal vehicles aren't really there to save your car.------They are there to knock down or put out fire while I stabilize or rescue you from your burning car.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:03 PM
73oldsman
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow....driver on phone, not assisting. Car on fire. Blue collar workers lifting the car and dragging the poor guy out, and the car is a BMW...and it's all on the news and on the internet! Lucky the guy lived and hopefully he's not too bad off. I bet he's already been contacted by lawyers.

The 2 times I got hit/run off the road, 1 guy fled the scene and left me down on the side of the road, and the other had no insurance, nothing to sue for and all I saw was @ 30 bucks.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:25 PM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't believe the cops started to move him before the medics got there. That could have caused much more injury. I guess the burning car and bike might have had some thing to do with it though.
I know they kept me on the ground until they got a back board under me and put me in the meat wagon.

Quick Reply: People saving a motorcyclist for a change (after a driver nearly kills him)