General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys that have to ride 100mph - Rant

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was riding my 84 piglet at 100+ when three bees decided to fly down my vest. that sucked.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:26 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dabluesguy
Around 80 on the Interstate just feels right on my Road King but it is 15 over the limit so I do it sparingly. Don't need a ticket.
Hey Steve I never noticed the link on your sig. I was too busy looking at the woman, er...bike but now I got the page bookmarked. Looks like on my next cross country venture I'm gonna have to stop in and see a show! You better be having a show that day haha

Old 09-13-2011, 09:44 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts

Yeah, I'm another one of the slow down riders out to enjoy the day. Besides, these lake roads are not designed for speeds much over 55 anyways.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah I don't know what the worry about everyone else is. If another bike comes up to me and wants to pass I move to the right and wave them pass...go on about my business and never think about them again.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:15 PM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
I don't care if you want to ride fast as long as you only risk YOUR life, by doing it out in the middle of nowhere where there are miles of visibility and no one else to endanger.

Do that s$#t around other people (especially me and mine) and I take it personal.

If you have the speed bug (and I did at one time in my life), take it to the track where you can learn something and REALLY fly.

Why haul ***, especially in traffic, with a friend or group...?

If i wanna haul *** i ride alone or with a single friend with the purpose of going out to 'open em up' on some long, straight... lightly traveled roads that are fairly new and free of potholes. Ride with a few different ppl occasionally and all have different 'styles' but none do more than say 75-80 when out riding normally.

Harley's are 'cruisers' so f'kin cruise.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dieselguy65
not sure about that one. "worth" is different to different people. my 93 model crotch rocket with three times the mileage on it is way more dependable than my HD. matter of fact if i am going on a trip (like from south texas to nebraska) i take it before i even consider taking the hd. I know everytime i push the button it starts, wont have stuff fall off of it, etc. so to me it is more valuable. I pretty sure i wont be stranded on it. "worth", the harley is great to cruise around town, and make short trips, as long as i dont ride much farther than i feel like walkng at any given time. LOL. might **** off some, but its been my experience. I work on these things daily, and everyone i know rides rice or even a new triumph for daily riding duties.
Why did you get an H-D?

Old 09-14-2011, 09:43 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't "have to" I want to

Old 09-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
nope, not me. if you're a female and you pass me, i'll wave at ya, and then go back to ******* and butterflies
Do you ask her to show you her butterflies?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sportytrike
I only run the trike up to the 130 mph range when I have been drinking because after several drinks it seems like I am going slower.
I think I remember doing 130 on a luggage cart in Effingham after drinking some of that great stuff you make Fred.

How have you been?

Old 09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Yea, I don't like those douchebags either. That's why I rarely ride with anyone. I have a Harley for 1 reason--to relax. If I want excitement,thrills & chills, I'll tell the ol' lady she's lookin' a little chunky lately.

When you're goin' that fast you A) Can't enjoy the scenery, and B) people can't see how righteous you are. I'll take slow & easy anyday.
Thanks dickey i needed that laugh.

Quick Reply: Guys that have to ride 100mph - Rant