General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Groups Who Ride Slow - Rant

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Dilemma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what works well in situations such as this? Pass them a few at a time. Merge in with the group at least twice.

Then a FAT lady on a yellow Dyna will bitch you out.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (07-04-2024)
Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer

[QUOTE=DannyZ71;8809187]
Originally Posted by Cinci-King

So it's selfish and arrogant of him to ride slow and expect what is his legal right, but it's not selfish and arrogant of you to want to ride fast and expect everyone to get out of your way?
it would seem that is his line of thinking. its not selfish or arrogant for him to break the law, cross the double yellow line, ride above the posted speed limit (somewhere in there i swear i read if you cant ride at least the speed limit, which implies ot me he chooses to speed), put other in danger that may be rounding the curve or topping that hill.
which state is the OP in? i think i may try to avoid any rides there if most riders there follow his line of thinking.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:37 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Some folks need to get their med's dosage re-evaluated...geez...

Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=dieselguy65;8809214]
Originally Posted by DannyZ71

it would seem that is his line of thinking. its not selfish or arrogant for him to break the law, cross the double yellow line, ride above the posted speed limit (somewhere in there i swear i read if you cant ride at least the speed limit, which implies ot me he chooses to speed), put other in danger that may be rounding the curve or topping that hill.
which state is the OP in? i think i may try to avoid any rides there if most riders there follow his line of thinking.
Just because it's a double yellow doesn't mean it's not safe to pass. The no passing zones are created with the average vehicle in mind. There are plenty of no passing zones where a sportbike has more than enough room to pass safely.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
I don't sweat people who ride slow; I simply pass them.
Is the correct answer, hardly difficult when the faster chap is riding a bike..

Old 09-12-2011, 03:54 PM
cigarowens
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of your guys seem to be reading a lot more into the OP than I read. Seems to me the OP was talking about two lane twisties with a double yellow line. It is my experience that these types of roads usually don't have a shoulder to use to pull off.

Let me get this straight, I'm in a group of riders going slower than the posted limit on a two lane twisty with a double yellow line and it is my duty to pull my entire group over into one line and let each and every vehicle that comes up from behind pass?? Yea...right!

As far as my earlier post, I stand by it 100% and no, I don't feel like I am selfish or arrogant. If I am riding alone and you catch me running below the speed limit, I'm going to pull to the right side of my lane but I'm still going to expect that you pull into the other lane to pass me.

Last edited by cigarowens; 09-12-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:05 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer

[QUOTE=mcrider1;8809225]
Originally Posted by dieselguy65

Just because it's a double yellow doesn't mean it's not safe to pass. The no passing zones are created with the average vehicle in mind. There are plenty of no passing zones where a sportbike has more than enough room to pass safely.
it means it is ILLEGAL to pas at the least, and probably unsafe also. I ride a sportbike mainly, and know I can get around in one of those zones, but i dont, out of respect, and the fact it may be a LEO sitting in the next drive or topping the hill. 28 tickets in the first year and half i rode taught me to slow down.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:08 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,105 Likes on 6,693 Posts

Just ride up close behind the last guy in line and smack him on the *** with your "Get-back" whip.
Jeez.....do we hafta teach you noobs everything?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:10 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer

is that the ones i see on the throttle side? those four foot long ones? and somewhere i read they were to let the other gay riders know you were gay also, just in case they cant see the wallet chain while you are behind them. LOL!

Old 09-12-2011, 04:11 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

[quote=dieselguy65;8809331]
Originally Posted by mcrider1

it means it is ILLEGAL to pas at the least, and probably unsafe also. I ride a sportbike mainly, and know I can get around in one of those zones, but i dont, out of respect, and the fact it may be a LEO sitting in the next drive or topping the hill. 28 tickets in the first year and half i rode taught me to slow down.
Dude if you caught 28 tickets that quick I'd say you have a serious learning disability LOL .

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (07-04-2024)

Quick Reply: Groups Who Ride Slow - Rant