General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Groups Who Ride Slow - Rant

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Always find a way around a group like that as with cars or trucks.Pass on the left if possible otherwise just might make a few unhappy,then it's game on pass how ever to get around.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:10 AM
nightroddersp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me, i ride at what speed suits me but i never ride under the speed limit... riding below the speed limit just give a cager another reason to be an idiot... some cager and riders need more than one reason to do something dangerous and riding slow maybe that deciding factor... i do hate the one that go 5 below in a no passing zone and then speeds up to 5 above in the passing zone... but then again i am arrogant, i will not pass you at 5 mph above your speed, i will blow past you at warp 9... just saying...

Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
You've got a good heart and decent attitude , had both of once still do on occasion but dealing with the masses of people who won't or couldn't take friendly advice and some tips that would have saved a few of them just beat it out me over time . That and watching the instant biker in a box unfold within a few weeks of buying a harley .

Wish more people did want to learn maybe I then wouldn't have been to so many funerals involving bikes and inexperienced riders , takes the heart out you of after a while .
instant bikers...don't even get me started..haha i think once everyone in hollywood started to ride is when that started. i used to teach my soldiers how to stay alive and most of them listened. the only thing we can do as "seniors" is to try and set the best example we know how. it is ultimately up to the individual whether they want to watch and learn or not. it does get old bro. i'll drink a toast to you next time i have a cold one.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Blackfly
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
I'm curious why you feel its stupid and dangerous.

The only reason I can see would be that it might contribute to stupid cagers doing stupid things to get around you...but it seems like its absolutely impossible to not contribute to the stupidity of cagers. Ride slow, they force a pass, ride fast, they try to race you. Give them space, the cut into the space....don't give them space, get brake checked.....
Absolutely, which is why we should all be thinking about safety and telling as many other people as possible to drive defensively and to be aware of the differences of riding. By the way, defensive driving does'nt just mean defending yourself on the road, it means defending life, limb and property- in that order for everyone on or near the road. As a proffesional (driver, not rider) I would like to say to the hot rodders- of course people slow down for the curves and speed up on straits hopefully not to keep you from passing. Now try a test some pros have been through-go around that corner or over that hill as you feel comfortable, note your speed, then cut out a piece of cardboard the same height as a kid who just fell on thier little bicycle and put it around the corner or over the " little rise " in the road and do it again. Bet you get a suprise.

Last edited by Blackfly; 09-14-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnT
Because, locally, in just the last few years we've had three people killed and more than a dozen seriously injured because some rider in the formation drifted in front of, or cut off another rider, taking them down and several bikes behind them down. That's why I think it's stupid and dangerous.
It sounds like you are condemning group rides in general, not specifically citing an issue with SLOW group rides.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cinci-King
dieselguy65,

If you're going to quote me, at least use my words.....!
What was this thread about??? I lost my train of thought. I got to here and all I could do was stare aimlesly at your avatar and drool all over myself!

Old 09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_mama
instant bikers...don't even get me started..haha i think once everyone in hollywood started to ride is when that started. i used to teach my soldiers how to stay alive and most of them listened. the only thing we can do as "seniors" is to try and set the best example we know how. it is ultimately up to the individual whether they want to watch and learn or not. it does get old bro. i'll drink a toast to you next time i have a cold one.
Nice bro I'll do the same here's to cherries both in a uniform and out may they get a clue before it gets real .