General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$28 dollars for a friggin t-shirt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011 | 07:34 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TXSwede
O.K., O.K., the truth is I just paid $6.00 for a 3 pack of black pocket t's at Target and I'm jealous of those of you that can afford paying $28.00 for just one!!
O.K.!!!!
hell, i'm jealous that you got a target nearby. my closest target is over 50 miles. and yeah, i got a walmart, but i really hate walmart.....

thats why the only time i'll buy an hd t shirt is if i am on vacation somewhere and stop in at the dealership. i don't even own one from my 'local' hd (55 miles one way) i figure if i can afford to take a vacation, i can afford a t shirt. needless to say, i don't take vacations very often either ;D

Old 09-12-2011 | 08:13 PM
VTK
Road Master

Hell where did you buy it? Px? Like a $1.50 here for the large one.
It's one of the mini bics next to the portable tequila packs.

Old 09-12-2011 | 08:39 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member

I do not consider shying away from buying $28 t-shirts as being cheap. I would even go further and hereby proclaim that anybody who DOES buy a $28 t-shirt just cuz it says Harley on it is an idiot. And do not bother to try and dispute and/or justify this stone hard fact, because if you do you are a bigger idiot.
Alright, to those of you who have been disparaging my good name on this here thread let me explain a few things to you. I used to work for a very big advertising agency in northern California named Bozell & Jacobs. Companies like Harley-Davidson, Paramount Pictures, Kay's Jewelers, and Bridgestone Tires paid that company millions of dollars to advertise their products. Thats how it works, companies PAY to advertise their products. And they laugh themselves silly if they can get some idiot to actually PAY THEM to advertise their product. I met an executive from the Tony Hawk company who said 'who needs billboards and tv when we have 1 out of 10 kids in America paying us to put our name on their shirt'. So yeah, excuse me if I think its rather idiotic to pay to advertise for a company. That said, I do have a few Harley shirts, Im wearing one right now my sister bought for me in Cancun, but even that one didn't cost $28.
Are you saying your sister is an idiot?

Old 09-12-2011 | 08:40 PM
rwtrick
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dan conner
if you will put a coat of lemon pledge on that t-shirt, it will last you for years...
Now that's funny!

Old 09-12-2011 | 08:57 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Cool

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
Are you saying your sister is an idiot?
No, I am pretty certain the one she got me in Mexico is not exactly an officially licensed product of the Harley-Davidson Motor Company Inc. since it only cost her about a buck fifty from a guy walking down the beach.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:29 PM
GeezerDude
Cruiser

Seeing how emotional some folks get about me buying a $28 T-shirt, I'm gonna buy half a dozen this weekend. I will get some satisfaction in knowing some random guy in the internet thinks I'm a moron and another guy thinks I'm an idiot.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:56 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master

Originally Posted by GeezerDude
Seeing how emotional some folks get about me buying a $28 T-shirt, I'm gonna buy half a dozen this weekend. I will get some satisfaction in knowing some random guy in the internet thinks I'm a moron and another guy thinks I'm an idiot.
HEY HEY HEY....... I'm the only idiot around here!

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:05 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

My dealer gives TWO with each bike purchase. And a cap.

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:13 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
I'm still nekkid.
I buy them if I like the design on the front and back.
I usually buy the nice button up shirts instead of t-shirts now though.

If I worried what others thought, I'd have to go nekkid like IAMSWUTIAMS.
You can't wear anything and not hear how out of style is it on this forum.

Old 09-12-2011 | 11:05 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member

They are charging that much because people are paying it

Quick Reply: $28 dollars for a friggin t-shirt?