General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$28 dollars for a friggin t-shirt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011 | 03:54 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by alauhog
I did pretty good at my local steallership this weekend.
They were having a tent sale.
Picked up 3 long sleeve tees for $ 50 and a pair of boots for $ 90
but that's about the only time I would consider buying cloths there.
What? You didn't buy a tent?

Old 09-12-2011 | 04:09 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

Alright, to those of you who have been disparaging my good name on this here thread let me explain a few things to you. I used to work for a very big advertising agency in northern California named Bozell & Jacobs. Companies like Harley-Davidson, Paramount Pictures, Kay's Jewelers, and Bridgestone Tires paid that company millions of dollars to advertise their products. Thats how it works, companies PAY to advertise their products. And they laugh themselves silly if they can get some idiot to actually PAY THEM to advertise their product. I met an executive from the Tony Hawk company who said 'who needs billboards and tv when we have 1 out of 10 kids in America paying us to put our name on their shirt'. So yeah, excuse me if I think its rather idiotic to pay to advertise for a company. That said, I do have a few Harley shirts, Im wearing one right now my sister bought for me in Cancun, but even that one didn't cost $28.

Old 09-12-2011 | 04:40 PM
Stixman
Cruiser

Thank goodness there are people on here to let me know I'm an idiot because well, I would not know I was an idiot otherwise. That's how much of an idiot I am.
By the way some people would classify the majority of us as idiots just because we paid as much for our rides as we did.
But then again who really gives a fu(K?

Old 09-12-2011 | 05:19 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TXSwede
Alright, to those of you who have been disparaging my good name on this here thread let me explain a few things to you. I used to work for a very big advertising agency in northern California named Bozell & Jacobs. Companies like Harley-Davidson, Paramount Pictures, Kay's Jewelers, and Bridgestone Tires paid that company millions of dollars to advertise their products. Thats how it works, companies PAY to advertise their products. And they laugh themselves silly if they can get some idiot to actually PAY THEM to advertise their product. I met an executive from the Tony Hawk company who said 'who needs billboards and tv when we have 1 out of 10 kids in America paying us to put our name on their shirt'. So yeah, excuse me if I think its rather idiotic to pay to advertise for a company. That said, I do have a few Harley shirts, Im wearing one right now my sister bought for me in Cancun, but even that one didn't cost $28.
yeah, and just about every product that you buy has some kind of logo on it that you could consider advertising.... from your shoes, to the car you drive. sure would be nice if mercedes would give me a car to drive around to advertise for them. but since they aren't, if i want one, i'm gonna have to buy it myself (aint happening anytime soon )

Old 09-12-2011 | 05:42 PM
VTK
Road Master

Just paid 49 cents for a lighter. It has the bold BIC logo on it. I could do without the free advertising I'd be giving them. Bastages!

/end sarcasm

Old 09-12-2011 | 05:44 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by VTK
Just paid 49 cents for a lighter. It has the bold BIC logo on it. I could do without the free advertising I'd be giving them. Bastages!

/end sarcasm
Hell where did you buy it? Px? Like a $1.50 here for the large one.

Old 09-12-2011 | 05:47 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

I'm still nekkid.

Old 09-12-2011 | 05:49 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

O.K., O.K., the truth is I just paid $6.00 for a 3 pack of black pocket t's at Target and I'm jealous of those of you that can afford paying $28.00 for just one!!
O.K.!!!!

Old 09-12-2011 | 06:39 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member

Speaking of paying to advertise, how many forum members paid a tatoo artist to put the
H-D bar and shield on their body.

Old 09-12-2011 | 06:52 PM
fixedmlc
Road Master

Originally Posted by TXSwede
Aww come on now, you're not s'posed to go turnin' this into a serious thread......and hey, I did call myself an idiot when I was disparagin' your name!

Quick Reply: $28 dollars for a friggin t-shirt?