General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$28 dollars for a friggin t-shirt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:56 AM
razzoo
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone want to take bets on ttb? (Time till ban)

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 09-12-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-12-2011 | 10:15 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

At lease you didn't quote the entire spam post like others have.

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:17 AM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSwede
I do not consider shying away from buying $28 t-shirts as being cheap. I would even go further and hereby proclaim that anybody who DOES buy a $28 t-shirt just cuz it says Harley on it is an idiot. And do not bother to try and dispute and/or justify this stone hard fact, because if you do you are a bigger idiot.
Lets see now. I've worked hard all my life since I was a kid big enough to push a lawn mower. Completed school, spent 24 years in the Air Force, another 24 years working for a civilian company and am now retired and enjoying the fruits of my labors. My financial planning has worked well and everything I own is paid for including my bike and Nissan 350Z. I like Harley tee shirts and can afford to buy them and pretty much anything else I want and you proclaim that I'm an idiot? I'll wager that you have some pretty expensive chrome doo dads on your bike and a lot of other unnecessary things that you have bought simply because you like them. I'll also add that all of the Harley tee's that I have a well made, good material and the colors haven't faded after a whole lot of wash cycles. Can't say the same for a couple of 5$ shirts from WalMart.

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:22 AM
cotnballs
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People who whine about a 28 dollar shirt are the same ones spending 8 bucks on a glass of beer at a sports event or concert and drink like 6 of them! At least with the $28 T you are not just left holding your **** pissing it all away!

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:25 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

HD Shirts
Walmart = $5
Swapmeet = $5
Sturgis = $5

$28 for a $5 shirt, no thanks! 4QMOCO

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:27 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I save a lot of money by riding naked. Try it. Very liberating.

And while reading the Forum. Get that out of your brain now.

Last edited by IAMSWUTIAMS; 09-12-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: graphics :)
Old 09-12-2011 | 10:30 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by cotnballs
People who whine about a 28 dollar shirt are the same ones spending 8 bucks on a glass of beer at a sports event or concert and drink like 6 of them! At least with the $28 T you are not just left holding your **** pissing it all away!
I agree. I am pretty picky about what HD shirts I'll buy. So far have 3, one was a gift, one was given by dealer when I bought bike, and my favorite had a political expression, I liked (my Avatar) and was from my local dealer which I wanted to promote. Future ones will mean something, like a trip souvenir, and I will get the full ppriced one I want, rather than a clearance I don't like. If I can find a clearance one I like great.

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:39 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by MattInFla
If it's got the H-D logo on it, it's expensive.

This is just a fact of life
Any branded Tshirt will run you the same price whether its HD or not....you get labeled a troll if you start bashing the MoCo, maybe that should also apply to insulting people of the same forum. Dude do you need us to buy you a frikken Tshirt is that why your whinning? Let's take up a collection so the dude can have a F__kin shirt.

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:40 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,381 Likes on 2,548 Posts

any of you have kids? how much you pay for that t shirt they got at the mall? especially that trendy affliction one? i don't know what they go for now, but 5 years ago they were $60.00. the hd one may have been $25 or $30 at the time. that affliction shirt is now a rag, and the hd shirt still hangs in the closet and i still wear it.

Old 09-12-2011 | 10:50 AM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Any branded Tshirt will run you the same price whether its HD or not....you get labeled a troll if you start bashing the MoCo, maybe that should also apply to insulting people of the same forum. Dude do you need us to buy you a frikken Tshirt is that why your whinning? Let's take up a collection so the dude can have a F__kin shirt.
True. Just pointing out to the guy that if it's got the logo, the price goes up.

If it's worth it to him to have the shirt for the $$$, buy it.
If not, don't.

NBFD.

I've got drawers full of H-D shirts, from when I first started riding and was buying chit from every dealer I visited. Now, I only buy them if I really like the design, or if the ride was particularly memorable.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: $28 dollars for a friggin t-shirt?