General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$28 dollars for a friggin t-shirt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:18 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,688 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Never!

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:21 AM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Many of those, not all, mind you, of those who scoff at paying for a t-shirt, have no compunction whatsoever at paying whatever they have to pay for name brand leather goods, heated clothing, chrome and/or black do-dads, helmet, jeans, jewelry, tv's, cars, houses, lawnmowers or whatever else they deem to be worth the money. I think I'll wear my Morgan & Wacker HD shirt today, since I had to travel to Brisbane, Australia to get it.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:21 AM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is what it is. If you like shirt enough to fork over $28 for it, then buy it.
If not, then don't.

NBFD.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:23 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

I wait until they hit the clearance section and cost "only" $20. They may be last years fashion but I don't need the latest and greatest.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:25 AM
fixedmlc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Very High Plain Drifter
Nope - the Swede is correct. It's just a T-Shirt. It's not hand made, it's not Italian, it's not made of the finest silk. It's a t-shirt that likely cost, what?... $3 to manufacture?

Only a moron would pay $28 for that.
Nah, I'm going with idiot. An idiot would pay $28 for a tshirt over and over because they like them.

A moron says ridiculously ironic and stupid things and believes he/she is justified in doing so.

Idiot fits me better, moron fits txswede better.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:27 AM
razzoo
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do pay < $20 for under armour shirts (which I really like), and btw I could afford a $28 shirt, I just choose not to.(Which is close to what I told the door to door vacuum cleaner salesman.)

Originally Posted by aviator
I always thought I was right on the cusp of being lower middle class poor, living on a fixed pension.... but damn, I wear what I want to and never cry about $28 for a shirt. and I would never go out in public whining about what a shirt cost.

suck it up or shut up.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:31 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Glad I don't wear tee shirts.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:33 AM
Schex
Supporter
Received 7,053 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Many of those, not all, mind you, of those who scoff at paying for a t-shirt, have no compunction whatsoever at paying whatever they have to pay for name brand leather goods, heated clothing, chrome and/or black do-dads, helmet, jeans, jewelry, tv's, cars, houses, lawnmowers or whatever else they deem to be worth the money.
That's right, it's all highly over priced.

Bought a HD t-shirt the other day, took it home, broke out the scissors and customized it, worth at least five dollars more now.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:44 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratster
Prefer pro Second Amendment and political dissent t-shirts myself. Cheaper too.
i have came to this conclusion as well.People often ask me about whatever tshirt i am wearing....usually somthing that has no real meaning to me it just looked cool when i bought it.I realized i might as well voice my opinion while im at it.
Originally Posted by MattInFla
It is what it is. If you like shirt enough to fork over $28 for it, then buy it.
If not, then don't.

NBFD.
Pretty much this.---I personally dont blame the guy for not buying it.It is overpriced....but whatever.Somebody is buying them and that is cool too.

I have 2 hd tshirts ..one was a gift from my niece.She got it in california.I dont know how much I know she paid out the wazoo for it.I cant take it back so i might as well wear it. The other i bought at a flea market for 5 bucks.Its black with the hd logo on it and yeah it looks cool.I wish i bought 10 of them.I dont care if its bootleg.
I have a couple from an indy shop that i got for about $10-12. I have no problem advertising for them as they have helped me out a number of times.

Old 09-12-2011 | 09:51 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by razzoo
I have had the Sporty for a while now and decided I might pick up some HD branded clothing. I knew the local dealer was pretty expensive, but thought I might get better deals in Cherokee NC. Nope $28 for a friggin t-shirt. I did end up buying some boots though (marked down from $159 to $89) - and yep, yes I will admit that I that am cheap.
So what? You think a Clapton t-shirt for $40 is more reasonable? Nobody forces you to buy them.

Quick Reply: $28 dollars for a friggin t-shirt?