General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Harley demo truck is in town tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Burstbucker
The Harley demo truck is coming here tomorrow, I'll be there early with bells on, hopefully I'll get to try at least a couple of bikes, it's a Saturday so there should be lots of people there.

I'm really only interested in the touring bikes. I've always been a fan of the Road King and RKC and have taken many out for a ride in the past but I'm going to focus on trying out a Road Glide for a change.

I used to think that the Road Glide was butt ugly but it's starting to look more appealing to me for some reason, strange how your tastes can change over time.

A couple of months ago I took out a Victory Cross Country with its batwing fairing, then tried out a Vision with its frame-mounted fairing and I couldn't get over how much lighter the front end of the Vision felt compared to the Cross Country.

I think that I'm starting to take a real liking to the somewhat homely Road Glide, it doesn't look all that bad all of a sudden and I just know that it'll be a superior riding machine over the bikes with the batwing.

Can't wait until tomorrow!
Oh, I just hate it for ya . . . lucky basket. LoL

I think the Road Glide is quite fetching. Very sleek indeed . . .

Last edited by Sleeko; 09-09-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:00 PM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put 300 miles on my Roadie today .Ugly or not.............it don't get any better then a Road Glide

Old 09-09-2011, 08:11 PM
sask1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when they were in MooseJaw i just wanted to ride the new Switchback(not bad), then the new streetglide (awsome bike) and to fill a spot i rode a 1200 custom sporty ( that was a blast), hay there free rides try to get on as many as you can.Who cares what family your looking at the way i see it there all fun to ride.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Saphira
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have never been you should go. A fun time can be had for all.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by MB-WideGlide
I put 300 miles on my Roadie today .Ugly or not.............it don't get any better then a Road Glide

Shhhh,don't let the secret out. You are supposed to say it's ugly,and the headlights don't move!

Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

They're fugly, headlights don't move, get a batwing.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you I will.
SG will be my third bike when I save enough for one.
RG's fairing has always looked foreign on a Harley to me.

Guess it's great we still have choices.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:34 AM
golfmajic
Road Captain
Location: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I second the get there early sign in and reserve what you want to ride.
The rides were supposed to start at 10:00 am in my town and by 10:00 am you might have been able to get a ride on a Sporty at 2:00pm.
I went for a ride on my own bike.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Burstbucker
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Well, here's a little update on today's demo ride if anyone is interested.

I was looking forward to trying out a Road Glide Ultra but they didn't have one in their truck but they did have a Road Glide Custom but once I got close to the sign-up table, I overheard the demo people saying to someone there that the Road Glide Custom had an issue with the front tire and would be out of the line-up for the day. Dang!

So, I signed up for an Electra Glide Classic. This was first thing in the morning, I was the first guy there at 8:10 this morning but a couple of guys somehow snuck by and got in before me, no biggie. The first ride was pretty late in leaving, probably 10:30 or later.

My wife met up with me there and went along as a passenger, she loved it. It's quite a bit more comfortable then my Vulcan 1600 Classic. The rear shocks handle the bad roads much better then my bike. And the power is noticeably better too. I tried out all the Victory touring bikes earlier this summer and these new Harleys seem every bit as peppy from my seat-of-the-pants dyno.

The only negative thing that she noticed about the Electra Glide Classic was that she was being hit with more air in the front shoulder area. It was a pretty windy day however. Maybe the tall stock windshield was creating a lot of dirty air out back?

When I got back from that ride, I got in line again and got a chance to take out a Road King on the last ride of the day. So, we came back two hours later and went out again. The Road King is a fabulous bike IMO, it rides great, looks great, is quickly turned into a boulevard cruiser and truth be told, I really have no use for tunes on a bike anyway.

We were lucky today, they chose a really long route with a lot of highway thrown in and we were out almost an hour each time.

I know it can seem like a waste of a day spending it at a demo ride, waiting and waiting, but the weather today was very cold for this time of the year and also felt damp, so it was a sucky day for riding your own bike. But we were lucky it didn't rain, we had just enough time to ride the last ride and make it home, get my Vulcan in the garage and not even five minutes later it started raining.

A really good day over all I'd say!

Old 09-10-2011, 09:40 PM
underdog2003
Advanced

I was lucky with my demo ride in Dallas right before Sturgis. I rode three back to back, no wait.

Quick Reply: The Harley demo truck is in town tomorrow!