General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe baby

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 12:36 PM
kel1200
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe baby

I have a pic of whiplush's deluxe as my background on my computer at work. About 50 of my customers see it daily and about 10 times a day i hear "thats so nice, is that yours?" I reluctanly
have to say no but man i want one badly. Most of the people making this comment are women!!
real hard to say no then!!! Good job whip on such a great looking bike. Hopefully with some
saving and careful spending i can ride one next year.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Loch
Tourer
Default RE: Deluxe baby

That Deluxe is really a sexy bike. If I didn’t have my mind so set on a RK Classic it would be a Deluxe.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:31 PM
kel1200
Cruiser

Thats the way i was too. I really like the rkc but when i saw whips bike with the shorty pipes and beach bars my mind was made up. Almost regret buying a sporty.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:25 PM
1200c
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was flipping through an 05 catalog the deluxe caught my eye and it still does. It's one gorgoeous bike especially in white and black. If I had the money, then the deluxe would be in my garage.

Old 07-14-2005, 10:01 PM
whiplush
Tourer

Wow, thanks Kel! I miss her real bad atm. In case you missed the post I wrecked on the way back from South Dakota. Slid her up under a truck. It didn't mess it up real bad, kinda dented the tank and scuffed alot of stuff. She's in the shop getting fixed right now. Should have her back in a few weeks. They are gonna chrome out the switch housings, master cylinder, levers and throw on some braided lines, put on a chrome pulley cover and lower belt guard. Going back with teardrop mirrors since both the factory mirrors got broken and they're gonna fill in the holes on the rear fender where the factory seat and luggage rack were. I can't wait to get her back!!!

Old 07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
kel1200
Cruiser

I did miss the post, [X(]VERY sorry to hear about the wreck but at least you're ok. I cannot wait until the pics of the new chrome. It's funny cuz I was thinking how good it would look with the chrome lines and resivoir. I got chrome switches on my sporty and love the looks of it. You don't mind if i buy one and do everything you do do ya?[8D] How do you like the beach bars?
I think they may be a little too wide for me but I think they make narrower (word?) ones for the softtail.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Greywolf
Cruiser

The Deluxe is one of favorite scoots and the B&W ones are the lookers of the bunch.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:24 PM
05 DELUXE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

sory to hear about your bike whip. hope your ok also.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:48 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the Deluxe too, might have to get the wife one fore too long.

John TN

Old 07-15-2005, 06:56 PM
whiplush
Tourer

Yeah I made out ok, just banged my foot a little. Naw Kel, I don't mind if you copy mine, thats what this forum is for. I would have loved to have seen what it would have looked like before I did it. I love the bars, they are very comfortable to me. Try them and if you don't like them just send them back and go narrower.

I can't wait to see what it looks like when I get her back. I was hesitant because I almost like the black controls because they go with the black on the bike but the dull levers look awful so I went for all of it. I wish they made wide whitewalls in an 18 incher. If I could get tires that look the same as the factory tires and put them on a 60 spoke 18 inch wheel I think it would look awesome, but oh well. Man I wish you could have seen me before I ordered those pipes when I first got my bike. I was afraid it wouldn't look right because of the bikes retro styling, but after I chopped the risers I was like YEAH BABY!

Quick Reply: Deluxe baby