General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D Private Party Financing...Anyone Done This?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011 | 08:48 AM
bncer18
|
Cruiser
Default H-D Private Party Financing...Anyone Done This?

Has anyone here had any experience with this??

I had someone contact me through my ebay listing asking me if I would be open to it and i had no idea what it was so i looked it up and it seems pretty simple for me the seller but wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts or past experiences with it good or bad....

Thanks,

Old 09-09-2011 | 09:30 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

I haven't done it, but Louisville harley Davidson had a sale last year where you could sell your bike to another individual on their lot and they would do the financing. It may be that you can contact a local dealership and they'll handle it.

Old 09-09-2011 | 09:44 AM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by bncer18
Has anyone here had any experience with this??

I had someone contact me through my ebay listing asking me if I would be open to it and i had no idea what it was so i looked it up and it seems pretty simple for me the seller but wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts or past experiences with it good or bad....

Thanks,
So you will carry the loan? That can be a good deal if you have confidence that the buyer is gonna pay up. Otherwise, you might have more trouble getting your money than it's worth...

Personally, I would not do it, even if I did know the buyer.

Old 09-09-2011 | 10:03 AM
dbk1029
Advanced

From what I understand you as the seller take the bike to an H-D Dealer and they inspect it to make sure it is good. The buyer gets approved for the asking price of the bike (or what the seller and buyer negotiate the price to) and then the seller gets a check for that amount, the buyer gets the bike, and H-D Financing holds the loan.

Old 09-09-2011 | 10:05 AM
poisonthesteve
Tourer

Originally Posted by dbk1029
From what I understand you as the seller take the bike to an H-D Dealer and they inspect it to make sure it is good. The buyer gets approved for the asking price of the bike (or what the seller and buyer negotiate the price to) and then the seller gets a check for that amount, the buyer gets the bike, and H-D Financing holds the loan.

Old 09-09-2011 | 11:21 AM
01Byte
Cruiser

As I'm in the market to buy one I talked to a few dealers in my area. HD Financial provides the financing but the rates are less than competitive.

Old 09-09-2011 | 12:19 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Some dealers charge up to $750.00 for the transaction fee.

Make sure you know what your paying before you start.

Old 09-09-2011 | 12:26 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by brenn
I haven't done it, but Louisville harley Davidson had a sale last year where you could sell your bike to another individual on their lot and they would do the financing. It may be that you can contact a local dealership and they'll handle it.
HD calls this program Buyer's Assistance. I sold a Softail to a guy who used it. The dealer financed the bike and handled the title transfer. There was no transaction fee. The dealer earned a commission by submitting an approved credit app to HD Financing. All I did was sign over the title and walk away with a check in hand.

Old 09-09-2011 | 04:22 PM
Rattle Traps
Cruiser

yep its called sellers assist..

i have purchased a bike with it and also sold one through it..
makes things very easy, did all my haggling with the buyer first, then called harley got my approval. it's that simple,
you meet the buyer at the dealer, they check the VIN..
they cut the seller a check that day, took 1 hour from my arrival to the time i loaded the bike and left..
as far as the rate i was happy with it, i dont have perfect credit, for an 07 with 0 down it was 4.9...
the bike i sold thru it was just as simple, it actually sealed the deal, when i told the seller about it...
my experience is that harley will finance just about anybody...
you might not like the terms, but they will find you a loan...

if i buy another bike i will use it for sure..
Oh and it also gives you the ability to add an HD warranty at the time of purchase if you like those kind of things...

anybody know if they limit the model year you can purchase...
i want another evo...

Old 09-09-2011 | 04:56 PM
bncer18
|
Cruiser

Wow great info thanks for the stories feel a lot more comfortable now hope the buyer decides to go through with it so I can get my hands on a road glide

Quick Reply: H-D Private Party Financing...Anyone Done This?