General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non MC or RC Vest Pic's

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 03:13 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
Hey guys, just checked back on this thread and was suprised to see what a stir my vest was causing. Just mementos of past rallys, vacations, and memberships from over the years. And yeah,they have meaning to me. That's fine for those of you who don't care to collect pins or patches or don't get it - its something I enjoy and that's all that matters.

These mementos have started a lot of conversations and I have met and spoke to many people who I otherwise would not have the opportunity to without them. Its funny, I have more than once have Europeans try and buy pins from me right off my vest at rallys!
Only thing I noticed a little different is that you can actually button your vest.
Here's to another 20 lbs of pins.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:15 PM
toad6301
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here are pics front and back of my
CMA(Christian Motorcyclist Association)
PGR(Patriot Guard Riders)
vests, they are mine and I like 'em

Attached Thumbnails Non MC or RC Vest Pic's-014.jpg   Non MC or RC Vest Pic's-015.jpg   Non MC or RC Vest Pic's-016.jpg   Non MC or RC Vest Pic's-017.jpg  
Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have an issue with people putting patches or pins on their vest at all, some are pretty interesting. As long as people aren't doing that to act like hardass bikers to the uneducated I think it's fine.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:07 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

a vest should be made of down and worn to keep warm in the winter time. by the way, do you guys use lemon pledge to keep those pins shined up? i am not impressed by tour pins...too many are bought by posers and not earned. all a tour pin says to me(assuming that you did not buy it and not attend) is that you had enough time and money to go to a rally. JMO

Old 09-08-2011, 05:15 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

No pics but I have my Iron Butt patches I earned on mine on the back along with the patch from the ship I was on in the Navy and a PGR memorial ride patch for a fallen sailor that I took part in where his wife requested that his ashes were rode on bikes from Florida to his resting place in Arlington.
The front has a Virginia PGR patch along with a patch for the group I ride with. I have a Navy ET3 pin on the front also along with 2 PGR mission pins (1 for homecoming and 1 for funeral missions)

I'm proud to have earned and been a member of everything that is on my vest... well except for that mustard stain

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 09-08-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I like vests with patches and pins, I have one. No pins, just patches. They tell a story about who I am and what I think.

For all you PGR riders out there. ROCK ON!!!! DONT ever stop.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:11 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine has several "statement" patches, a few patches given to me from clubs overseas, and the HOG stuff. Pins are;
My 25 year Masonic pin.
French Bulldog pin (see avatar.)
Cotton Belt RR Logo in honor of an Engineer friend of mine.
My Scottish Clan crest.
A service pin from my working days.
A service pin from 1940s Vega Aircraft Co. that belonged to my Dad.
HOG pins.

Back of vest has broken wings and a flaming Eagle that (to me) represents rising back from the broken wings, after 9 months of physical therapy, to ride (fly) again.

The, "You Are In Range" patch is for tailgaters!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:35 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
I don't have an issue with people putting patches or pins on their vest at all, some are pretty interesting. As long as people aren't doing that to act like hard *** bikers to the uneducated I think it's fine.
How do we educate the uneducated that there are posers with fake badges and pins acting like hard asses?

Could you please describe to us the steps you use to differentiate these fake badge and pin wearing posers from the actual hard *** bikers with the same pins and badges?

Old 09-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great looking vests fellas, they indeed do tell a story, they all look great in their own way.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:01 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have always wonder about those chains hanging from one side of vest to the other. why not buy the vest that fits? just not a fan of that look. or even a vest at all to be honest. I ride in a tshirt, or long sleeve shirt on cool days. and a plain old Cinch heavy bullhide jacket when cold.
then again I get told all the time i dont "look" like a biker. which to me nowadays means something, lol

Quick Reply: Non MC or RC Vest Pic's