General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shane Wallace Motorcycles - BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:15 AM
passae
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two things:

How did you pay him?....always pay with a credit card. Never... Ever ...pay with cash or check. This is for your protection. If you did, call your card company and stop payment. They will investigate..they have lawyers. If you didn't pay with a credit card, call an attorney?

Did you document anything?

Good luck.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:10 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sorry to hear that you have been treated this way first and secondly it has cost you money .... But! and hear's the But this has to be a reminder to all those that bang on about useing anyone but a Harley dealer ( the lesson was bought rather than taught ) .... CAVEAT EMPTOR! They have your money you dont have their's

Old 09-05-2011, 06:57 AM
blue flht
Road Captain
Received 180 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by FBFletch
Yeah well, he used to have hours posted on his door of 9 to 5. However, he as never there before 10. I noticed the other day that he's changed his hours to 10 to 6. However, last Thursday when I went by there, I got there at 10:50 (the second time I went by) and waited until 11:10 for him to finally show up. And yes, he does do some work on cars as well.
Now that I have been thinking about it, a guy I know went there for a new tire and after a few days still not done. He ended up taking it somewhere else.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:57 AM
CMac
Cruiser
Location: Armpit of the Free World (Washington, DC metro area)
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you say SMALL CLAIMS COURT? I'd own this dooshbag's shop after all this...All the fine print is, well, fine, but you gave him money in exchange for services it sounds like he didn't provide or couldn't provide. Perhaps another angle to consider is FRAUD.

Thanks for the head's up, too!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:59 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CMac
Can you say SMALL CLAIMS COURT? I'd own this dooshbag's shop after all this...All the fine print is, well, fine, but you gave him money in exchange for services it sounds like he didn't provide or couldn't provide. Perhaps another angle to consider is FRAUD.
Are you serious?? It's these kinds of litigious attitudes that completely bog down the justice system for legitimate law suits. There is no "owning this dooshbags [sic] shop". OP says the guy doesn't warrant his work. End of story. Fine print is still print and holds up in court.

No doubt OP learned a lesson, but from what he described. he has no legitimate option to sue.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyespy
The fix for the neutral light coming on in 4th is simple. Had the same thing when I put a 6 speed soft tail gear set into my 5 speed touring frame trans case. I had to change from the 2 wire neutral pick up that was stock on my FLHT to a single wire soft tail pick up and leave one wire hanging, and move the location of the neutral pick up from its normal location at the top right side of the trans case to the hole provided in the new wider side cover. A chrome block off plate was included with the 6 speed for this purpose. Both problems solved. The frustrating thing about this was there was nothing in the installation instructions about this, so it was trial and error.
Hey thanks man, appreciate it.

Sure no problem, hope you get the rest of it worked out..

Old 09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Are you serious?? It's these kinds of litigious attitudes that completely bog down the justice system for legitimate law suits. There is no "owning this dooshbags [sic] shop". OP says the guy doesn't warrant his work. End of story. Fine print is still print and holds up in court.

No doubt OP learned a lesson, but from what he described. he has no legitimate option to sue.
Hold on. A warranty is for work already assumed to be completed and satisfactory. In the OP's case, the work was never completed to satisfaction. There was a contract because there was an offer and acceptance between the OP and the shop. There was also consideration, the OP paid money. While I'm not a lawyer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, I would think we are dealing with a breach of contract, not a warranty issue.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Motorbones
Road Master

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG

Even with a no-warrenty statement the customer has a legal right to expect everything to work after the project is finished unless specifically disclosed before the work is done. As for bogging down the legal system, this is the type of situation that small claims court was created for in the first place. I say call Judge Judy and go for his gonads!!! You also might want to check with the Better Business Bureau anf file a complaint there.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Coach1
Tourer

Depressing story, to say the least. Seems like it would have been cheaper to buy a new bike and had been riding during the time leading up to Sturgis, sorry to say.

Stories like this make me distrust the dealerships. We have a small independent who I trust more, but even, for work beyon my own ability. These machines are not rocket science and any compident shop should have been capable.....the hard stuff was farmed out

Add them to the dealer's hall of shame!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyespy
Hey thanks man, appreciate it.

Sure no problem, hope you get the rest of it worked out..
I was kinda thinkin' the same thing......

Quick Reply: Shane Wallace Motorcycles - BEWARE!