General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shane Wallace Motorcycles - BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,824 Likes on 3,175 Posts

This is not a 'warranty" issue...nothing's broken since you picked it up.

It was broken WHEN you picked it up, and that Sir is negligence.

Get a lawyer...Soon.

Old 09-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Nubz
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

can't even call this guy a mechanic if he had to send out the entire engine to have it done
machine work aside I know that has to be done special

but cmon guy sounds like a parts changer not a mechanic

Good luck on this I hoe you get it straightened out

Old 09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
cigarowens
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a lawyer; but, I had a similar experience years ago with an automotive race engine builder. To make a long story short, legally, negligence is tough to prove. You have a much better (and easier to prove) "Breach of Contract" case.

You contracted and paid for a service that was not satisfactorily delivered to you.

IMO...Either file a claim in small claims court (you can probably find forms on line) or contract a lawyer and have him send a registered letter stating your intent to file a claim. You will be amazed how fast people react to a certified letter from a lawyer

Good luck!

Old 09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

I guess I'm wondering why OP went to the guy to begin with? Had to be a price thing - probably less expensive than the local HD dealer (who, btw, probably warrants their work). To me, that sounds like an awful lot of work to trust to a shop with which you have virtually no experience.

IDK, cheap is usually expensive in the long run...

Last edited by AnotherBlackSG; 09-04-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, sorry about ur situation man!! Hope everything works out

I am all about giving Indys chances but seems i hear and have seen alot of issues when bikes go to "Joe Bobs cycle works". Not sayin there aint good ones out there, but like many of u have stated u need to know the shop ahead of time. Might be the stealership that gets my $2k for engine build.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:26 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blue flht
Where is his shop in mooresville? I live near mooresville and have never heard of him, I can pm you a number for some guys that do good work. They used to be 2 of Tilley"s top tech's but work on their own now.
His shop is on Hwy. 115 about 1/4 mile north of where Langtree runs into 115. It's right next to the old fire station.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:52 PM
FBFletch
Road Master

Originally Posted by leicafish
Just wondering why did you go to him instead of the dealer.

Me I prefer to stay with the dealer.
Quite honestly, I had originally decided that I was going to let my local dealership (Blue Ridge) do the engine work. After talking to the Service Manager at Blue Ridge, I felt very comfortable that they could handle the work on the engine.

As far as the tranny, I had decided to let Kendall Johnson in Winston-Salem install a Baker 6-speed. Kendall Johnson installs a ton of six speeds, has a good rep, and Kendall actually took the time to talk to me on the phone himself. For most performance work KJ seems pretty high. But, he was going to install a Baker 6 speed gear set for less than I could buy the gear set from Harley. Plus, he warranties his work and Baker has a 5 year warranty on their gear sets.

In restrospect, I probably should have stuck with my original plan. However, when I first went to talk to Shane, he had the engine builder there to talk to me as well. The engine builder used to build NASCAR engines but is now building Harley engines. I was so impressed by the engine builder that I decided to let he and Shane do the project. The engine builder took the time to tell me everything he would be doing, showed me examples of his work and examples of the cylinders of engines he had taken apart.

The engine runs great. I would definitely use the engine builder again.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:54 PM
blue flht
Road Captain
Received 180 Likes on 104 Posts

Ok I know the place, allways seem's closed when I ride by. Look's like he works on cars too, sorry for your trouble with the bike and hope you get it worked out.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustell
I really do like my stock Bike

Don't kick a guy when he is down. it hurts bad.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 AM
FBFletch
Road Master

Originally Posted by blue flht
Ok I know the place, allways seem's closed when I ride by. Look's like he works on cars too, sorry for your trouble with the bike and hope you get it worked out.
Yeah well, he used to have hours posted on his door of 9 to 5. However, he as never there before 10. I noticed the other day that he's changed his hours to 10 to 6. However, last Thursday when I went by there, I got there at 10:50 (the second time I went by) and waited until 11:10 for him to finally show up. And yes, he does do some work on cars as well.

Quick Reply: Shane Wallace Motorcycles - BEWARE!