General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shane Wallace Motorcycles - BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 06:03 PM
bumstead
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FBFletch
Quite honestly, I had originally decided that I was going to let my local dealership (Blue Ridge) do the engine work. After talking to the Service Manager at Blue Ridge, I felt very comfortable that they could handle the work on the engine.

As far as the tranny, I had decided to let Kendall Johnson in Winston-Salem install a Baker 6-speed. Kendall Johnson installs a ton of six speeds, has a good rep, and Kendall actually took the time to talk to me on the phone himself. For most performance work KJ seems pretty high. But, he was going to install a Baker 6 speed gear set for less than I could buy the gear set from Harley. Plus, he warranties his work and Baker has a 5 year warranty on their gear sets.

In restrospect, I probably should have stuck with my original plan. However, when I first went to talk to Shane, he had the engine builder there to talk to me as well. The engine builder used to build NASCAR engines but is now building Harley engines. I was so impressed by the engine builder that I decided to let he and Shane do the project. The engine builder took the time to tell me everything he would be doing, showed me examples of his work and examples of the cylinders of engines he had taken apart.

The engine runs great. I would definitely use the engine builder again.
I live in Mt. Ulla & I'm trying to get some names of engine builders. Would like to get his if possible. I stopped riding when I started a family & now that kids are grown & gone I'm in the wind again. Thanks

Old 02-17-2015, 09:55 AM
moosehunter22
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is absolute gold, sorry about your bike dude. Glad you got it running good! I'll be sure to spread the word about this specific shop.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:53 PM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

woo hooo........3 year old thread resurrection.....good on ya!

Have a great day gentlemen. :-)

Old 02-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,612 Likes on 849 Posts

Originally Posted by bumstead
I live in Mt. Ulla & I'm trying to get some names of engine builders. Would like to get his if possible. I stopped riding when I started a family & now that kids are grown & gone I'm in the wind again. Thanks
The guy who started this thread hasn't logged in to the forum in over 6 months, so you may not get an answer for your question.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Roadflyer
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Fancy Lady
My Husband showed me this post and we have been following FBFletch's experience since then. He has owned numerous Harleys over the last 35 years. Obvisiously you can see we are from Charlotte and are always comparing different Motorcycle businesses. We like to compare prices on parts, apearel, and etc... with prices from our local Harley dealer. For the adjsutements that my husband cannot do himself he takes it to our local Dealer.

My quote which has you and others so interested in is referenced below. As you stated this site is about all things "Harley"... there is nothing Harley about that comment. "You" was a generalization referring to the author of the quote from which you referenced my quote from.

"Sorry to hear it went that way, will tale all my bro's to stay away. A guy I ride with live's just a few miles from his shop and has a lot of time on his hands.... just saying" Statement quoted directly from blue flht

We (My Husband and I) found the comment to be very disturbing. That is why I strongly felt the need to join this blog site, in order to voice "my opinion" like the others have. There are millions of other people like my husband and myself that observe and reflect on these types of sites. Not everyone feels the need to join and comment on every blog site they view. I am sure that we were not the only ones who found that comment disturbing. I am also sure that we were not the only one who felt that was a insinuating a threat.

As a side note... Karma is very real and nothing to joke about. It is MRS. JENNINGS, so I can clarify that for you and anyone else interested. Our family will no longer be involved or associated with hdforums, as it is not creditable for the purposes of "all things Harley". The intentional use of hdforums has been abused by the context of the comments. Those comments have been ingnorant and disrespectful to and from each other for which my family chooses not to be subjected to any longer.

There is only one person who should be ashamed of themselves and it is DEFINITELY not ME.

FBFLetch... Thank you for sharing your experience with the intentions of protecting other consumers and fellow riders.

Don't let the door hit you in the ***!!!