General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bonehead passed me in the same lane

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bonehead passed me in the same lane

So the wife and I were out for a ride today. Notice another bike behind me so I went to the left of the lane and he went to the right. Well about a mile later this asshat decides to pass me in the same lane without warning. Pissed me off but I kept my cool. We came up to a light and he was in the straight lane and I was in the turn lane. I called over to him saying not too cool passing me in the same lane. Dude just looks over at me for a few seconds and didn't say a word then looked forward while his fat sow of a passenger chomped away on her gum like a grazing cow. Said "first day riding huh??" Looked over again with his too-cool-for-school look and looked forward again. Not a word. Not an apology. Not even so much as a f you. Bad enough we have to be so cautious of 4 wheelers. We shouldn't have to watch out for one of our own to make sure they don't pull stupid moves.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:54 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
So the wife and I were out for a ride today. Notice another bike behind me so I went to the left of the lane and he went to the right. Well about a mile later this asshat decides to pass me in the same lane without warning. Pissed me off but I kept my cool. We came up to a light and he was in the straight lane and I was in the turn lane. I called over to him saying not too cool passing me in the same lane. Dude just looks over at me for a few seconds and didn't say a word then looked forward while his fat sow of a passenger chomped away on her gum like a grazing cow. Said "first day riding huh??" Looked over again with his too-cool-for-school look and looked forward again. Not a word. Not an apology. Not even so much as a f you. Bad enough we have to be so cautious of 4 wheelers. We shouldn't have to watch out for one of our own to make sure they don't pull stupid moves.
I bet he was on a rice grinder too!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have that happen all the time with the Crotch Rocketeer's, but not with the guy's on cruisers. It's Sad that a lot of people just don't have any common sense. RIDE SAFE!

Old 09-03-2011, 08:00 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow, amazing isn't it? I swear the dumbasses are everywhere these days.

Last year on a very busy freeway (75 mph limit), I was in the left lane running approx 85 to clear a big clog of traffic and had a guy come up behind me in the lane on his scoot. Like you, I went to one side of the lane figuring he'd cruise along and I'd move over a lane if it was obvious he wanted to do 90+. Nope, this azzwhipe flies by in the same lane...scared the s**t out of me as I wasn't expecting it.

Yeah, maybe he thought my moving to one side was a signal for him to pass....but that'd make him even a bigger tool that he obviously was.

And I thought is was only CO that has the world's worst drivers (and riders)!

Oh well...

Old 09-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Believe it or not this was an older guy on a Deuce not a squid on a crotch rocket. Looked like a rider too.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

I ride staggered only when with a group of friends or an event parade otherwise I stay in the center of my lane to keep others from pulling the unexpected.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Guess this just really caught me off guard because in all my years of riding I have never had this happen. Thought there was a respect among riders. Guess not.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:06 PM
frankharley07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a similar thing happen. It was a sunny 90 deg day and this" bad hat biker " passes me in my own single lane. He was dressed in full leathers, chaps, jacket, vest, gloves and skull face mask in 90 fkn deg!!!! Come to a stop I look at him he stares blankly ahead, light turns green he goes left I go right. Big loner patch on his back something about bad dogs Severn.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:09 PM
CSP067
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a problem with another scoot passing me in the same lane, long as he doesn't blow my socks off. Ease up, let me move over, than slide on by. I'm cool with that.

But blow by without so much as a howdy do or slowing a little .... yeah, that ain't good.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:12 PM
valvestem
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people are born azzholes, some have to work at it, like the guy who passed you.

Quick Reply: Bonehead passed me in the same lane