General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bonehead passed me in the same lane

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 07:11 PM
parkergeorge
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I read in the original post I would have passed you to. If I came up on you and you move to the left im gonna give you a min to move to the right so I can pass you on the left. At 60 or so thats about a mile, the distance in the post. But if you stay over on the left im gonna pass you on the right. I would figure you are just more comfortable on that side of the lane. Now this is assumeing we are on a two lane road where there is visability. If we were in the twisties, the dark, foggy... then I would expect you to get out of the way and just wait for you to pull over when you get a chance. So unless you are riding in low visabilty you need to clean out the sand and get used to the world not revolving around you.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:15 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
So the wife and I were out for a ride today. Notice another bike behind me so I went to the left of the lane and he went to the right. Well about a mile later this asshat decides to pass me in the same lane without warning. Pissed me off but I kept my cool. We came up to a light and he was in the straight lane and I was in the turn lane. I called over to him saying not too cool passing me in the same lane. Dude just looks over at me for a few seconds and didn't say a word then looked forward while his fat sow of a passenger chomped away on her gum like a grazing cow. Said "first day riding huh??" Looked over again with his too-cool-for-school look and looked forward again. Not a word. Not an apology. Not even so much as a f you. Bad enough we have to be so cautious of 4 wheelers. We shouldn't have to watch out for one of our own to make sure they don't pull stupid moves.
Who had loud pipes?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by parkergeorge
From what I read in the original post I would have passed you to. If I came up on you and you move to the left im gonna give you a min to move to the right so I can pass you on the left. At 60 or so thats about a mile, the distance in the post. But if you stay over on the left im gonna pass you on the right. I would figure you are just more comfortable on that side of the lane. Now this is assumeing we are on a two lane road where there is visability. If we were in the twisties, the dark, foggy... then I would expect you to get out of the way and just wait for you to pull over when you get a chance. So unless you are riding in low visabilty you need to clean out the sand and get used to the world not revolving around you.
Again all I can say is wow. This has nothing to do with the world revolving around me. This has to do with safety. It doesn't matter if I am to the left, right or center of the lane I am in. The area on either side of me is for me. Sorry some of you don't see it that way. But it is what it is. Don't like it tough ****. If I need to make an evasive move to either side of my lane to avoid an obstacle I shouldn't have to worry about some ****ing moron zooming up beside me because he wants to be cool. This guy had ample opportunity several times to go around me. As I stated it went from two lanes to one lane. Twice actually. If this guy was in such a hurry he could have easily gone around there. And during the time he was behind me on the single lane he never gave any indication that he might want to go around me. But if he had there was no oncoming traffic so he could have done a normal, civilized pass on the left.

I am not gonna continue to defend myself on this. I shouldn't have to. Apparently some of you cool *** biker types think putting yourself or someone else at risk is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. Keep doing that. Have it it. One time it will catch up to you. As I said before I stagger myself to make a rider behind me visible to a driver ahead that may be ready to leap into traffic as soon as I go by thinking I am the only bike there. Not to make room for someone to pass. Guess from now on I am just not gonna put myself in that situation. I will just stick to the middle of the lane and take the **** everyone else attitude that some of you seem to have.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:04 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Smells like Chicken Sh*t in here boys...........

Old 09-04-2011, 10:01 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Had it happen to me as well. On I-77 doing about 75mph in the left lane when I saw a bike coming up behind me. When riding alone I usually rode the right half when in the left lane. When I saw him I moved over to the left half for the same reason you did. He followed for a while then out of no where he blasted by me on my right. Caught me totally off guard. He split me and the car in the right lane. All he had to was wait 5 seconds as I passed the car then shift over to the right lane where he had open road. It's not only the crotch rockets. He was on a Harley.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Rocco's Driver
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Relax

Old 09-04-2011, 10:25 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL, I didn't take it serious.
Originally Posted by danzio
Shiz dude, relax......., remove your finger from the trigger............it was just a joke.

Last edited by oldairboater; 09-04-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:28 AM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had Soldiers for Christ blow by me on the left and right as I watched in amazement as one almost got taken out by a cage...

Old 09-05-2011, 08:11 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
This has to do with safety. It doesn't matter if I am to the left, right or center of the lane I am in. The area on either side of me is for me.
That's what I thought,but the fact is other riders are going to use that space rather than switching lanes.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, intersting respones. Seems like the old saying,"Opinions are like a-holes, everybody's got one," is confimed again. Here's mine, RIDE SAFELY, whatever that means for you. But do NOT under any circumstances jepordize MY safety due to impatience, small dick syndrome, or whatever. In return, I promise not to ride slow in the fast lane, or fail to check my rear-view mirror. I WILL move out of your way as soon as it is safe to do so. Any questions?

Quick Reply: Bonehead passed me in the same lane