General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Habits or Traditions???? What do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 07:46 AM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whenever I am going for a longer ride or a ride just for the relaxation of it, not just riding to work or running a errand or something I try to start off leaving the driveway with Segar "Roll Me Away"

Old 09-04-2011, 08:23 AM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

i like buying bandanas at runs rallies,etc.. i dont wear them i tie them around my backrest. they come in handy for several reasons.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Jon0807
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a habit of riding faster and more aggressively than I should. Does that count? But I have an excuse. Its usually to get away from idiots which tend to be every 50 feet or so. Once I get out into the open I slow down and set cruise to 70 to 75

Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Not much here, I do have a tenancy to buy without discussing it with Tiffany. A couple of years ago, Tiffany and I were talking on the phone... she was at the old house in Nashville, I was here in Knoxville in the new house- mid move. Somewhere in the conversation she said "oh, by the way, I hope it's okay but I bought a new pair of shoes." "That's okay honey..." I said, "Oh, by the way, I bought a truck."

Said truck (during oil change and custom grill emblem installation).

Nice rig... unfortunately I will be forced to buy one of these upon my next new vehicle purchase, thanks to Obummer

Old 09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior

Habit's, I always ride with my right index finger over the brake lever (a "hold-over" from my motocross days), always look over my shoulder when changing lanes. I pretty much ignore the speed limit and just stay with the flow of traffic instead.

Traditions, My 99 RK is meant for riding and touring not posing next to at the local gas station. So I leave all the scratches, dents and dings on it, they all have a story to tell.

I'll buy Harley shirts from dealers or bars I like. Those yellow tents that pop up at all the rally's always have middle eastern people who "man" the registers and sometimes hire locals to work for them. I don't like giving them money because I don't know where the money goes. As far as buying t-shirts I'd rather support the Harley dealer, factory or local bar/eatery by giving them my business.

Last edited by BikerV; 09-04-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Bar_Hopper
Tourer

Originally Posted by PineyRider
Habit's, I always ride with my right index finger over the brake lever (a "hold-over" from my motocross days), always look over my shoulder when changing lanes. I pretty much ignore the speed limit and just stay with the flow of traffic instead.

Traditions, My 99 RK is meant for riding and touring not posing next to at the local gas station. So I leave all the scratches, dents and dings on it, they all have a story to tell.

I'll buy Harley shirts from dealers or bars I like. Those yellow tents that pop up at all the rally's always have middle eastern people who "man" the registers and sometimes hire locals to work for them. I don't like giving them money because I don't know where the money goes. As far as buying t-shirts I'd rather support the Harley dealer, factory or local bar/eatery by giving them my business.
I was just thinking about that last night too! i have the same tendency to keep my middle finger on the front brake as well! Also because of racing motocross! haha! I also different braking tendencies i cant get past when riding my Hog. Motocross always stays with you i guess! ha

Old 09-04-2011, 10:19 AM
petewerner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by D1gger
I like your t shirt plan, but I have trouble finding ones with redheaded pinup girls and shark nose equipped bikes...
X2 atleast!

Old 09-04-2011, 02:12 PM
bklanecky
Cruiser

I try and get a t-shirt from every dealership I've been to, but I don't buy one unless I've ridden there. If I take the car, that doesn't count and I won't get a shirt.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:32 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch
Nice rig... unfortunately I will be forced to buy one of these upon my next new vehicle purchase, thanks to Obummer

Thanks! Lol, actually, my girl wants a Trident which looks sort of like that. Possibly a Nash Metropolitan, but these things are a death wish waiting to happen.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:37 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bar_Hopper
I was just thinking about that last night too! i have the same tendency to keep my middle finger on the front brake as well! Also because of racing motocross! haha! I also different braking tendencies i cant get past when riding my Hog. Motocross always stays with you i guess! ha
My first street bike was a 1982 Yamaha Seca 750. It was around 1985, I had my friends laughing their asses off the first time we all went riding together. I was taking turns with my inside turning leg extended straight forward like when you ride dirt.

Quick Reply: Habits or Traditions???? What do you do?