General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Habits or Traditions???? What do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

I don't wear anything with Harley Davidson on it. Not a thing. I'm not a brand monkey.

I buy shirts at all the bike weeks/fests I attend, but put them up and don't wear them for years.
The shirts I currently wear are from the 90's through 01.

My sons recently told me there is a big retro market for new tees from that long ago if I ever want to sell them.

When riding long distances (over 300 miles a shot), I wear long sleeved plain white tees. (try it while riding in the southern heat and you will see why)

Last edited by Jonesee; 09-02-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:18 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not much here, I do have a tenancy to buy without discussing it with Tiffany. A couple of years ago, Tiffany and I were talking on the phone... she was at the old house in Nashville, I was here in Knoxville in the new house- mid move. Somewhere in the conversation she said "oh, by the way, I hope it's okay but I bought a new pair of shoes." "That's okay honey..." I said, "Oh, by the way, I bought a truck."

Said truck (during oil change and custom grill emblem installation).

Old 09-02-2011, 11:30 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

From my snowmobile days I ride with my left hand at the end of the bar and my right against the switch housing. I use the toe shifter when riding hard and the heal shifter when loafing around. Most important of all I lift my left cheek when I fart.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Bar_Hopper
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Not much here, I do have a tenancy to buy without discussing it with Tiffany. A couple of years ago, Tiffany and I were talking on the phone... she was at the old house in Nashville, I was here in Knoxville in the new house- mid move. Somewhere in the conversation she said "oh, by the way, I hope it's okay but I bought a new pair of shoes." "That's okay honey..." I said, "Oh, by the way, I bought a truck."

Said truck (during oil change and custom grill emblem installation).
JEEZUS! You really "one upped" her on that one!!! Nice truck, a 3/4 ton will be my next purchase...

Old 09-03-2011, 03:08 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf

That's pretty brave. My wife finally got over the shock when I told her I was bringing home a bike. I got tired of waiting for her to find the right house, so now she has to live in the one we are renting a couple more years. Tis better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission!

Old 09-03-2011, 03:35 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I, also, don't wear anything with skulls on them and prefer plain black tee shirts.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:45 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
That's pretty brave. My wife finally got over the shock when I told her I was bringing home a bike. I got tired of waiting for her to find the right house, so now she has to live in the one we are renting a couple more years. Tis better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission!
My life's philosophy!
Better to stick in a rental for a while if you don't have to move, and spend some more time finding the right house, than to rush and get something you aren't gonna be happy with. Glad she accepted the bike!
Just keep in mind though, that mortgage rates are secure for two years, then they will likely go up.

Originally Posted by Bar_Hopper
JEEZUS! You really "one upped" her on that one!!! Nice truck, a 3/4 ton will be my next purchase...
Thanks! It has been a great one for me, can't go wrong with a Superduty. I didn't have the heart to argue with her over the shoes.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Bar_Hopper
Tourer

anyone else have anything? im kind of on the same page with the no skulls idea, but im slowly realizing that almost everything has skulls on it....

Old 09-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Donbert
Intermediate

I don't wear skulls, and the only 'brand' item I wear is my jacket - and that's only because it was a gift from a brother that I very highly respect. Quite comfortable, too.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:56 AM
rafael53
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez..what yous wear or where you buy them is your habits or traditions?

Sorry, I don't have no habits or traditions on what I wear or buy...I mean wtf?!? Ok, I hate suits. I'm a jean and t-shirt guy....traditionaly speaking.

Bike related habits however. I always back in when parking and always turn my fuel valve off when turning bike off.....just a habit. Yeah...still running carbs. Never owned a EFI bike...yet.

Quick Reply: Habits or Traditions???? What do you do?