General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valet parking

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i always use american express...they will go to bat for you on any contested charge. the worst places today are the best westerns. seems like most are owned by "dot" indians and they are usually dirty and run down.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I have been to places that offered FREE valet parking....but not for bikes. Bikes have to park accross the street. I told the guy I will give you ten bucks to park next to the eatery I was visiting. "NOPE....Valet is for cars." I said "What is the difference...plus I give you TEN BUCKs for what a car get for free!?" "Valet is for cars.".
I never got to eat there....never went back.....(and that is a LOCAL place, 13 years ago). May have changed by now...but i couldn't tell ya.

chuck

Old 09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
i always use american express...they will go to bat for you on any contested charge. the worst places today are the best westerns. seems like most are owned by "dot" indians and they are usually dirty and run down.
I stayed at a motel near Macon, GA last week.....can't tell you what it was since I haven't gotten my mastercard bill yet. Owned by 'Paki's'. Last name was Patel (go figure).
Nice place. Let me park my bike in front of check in window. Told me he would let me know who they 'shot' that would mess with it. I just asked when check out was...
Continental breakfast. Ruby Tuesdays accross the street.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:37 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Red N Gold
I am thinking that the hotel would frown on taking your bike to your room rather than taking up their valuable parking space, so they provide parking. If they want my business, provide parking, the space is their cost of doing business. Imagine walmart without a parking lot.
Umm, yeah... not exactly comparing apples to apples but, whatever. Most every hotel in cities where there is limited parking charges for valet and/or parking. It's best to read the fine print or ask when making reservations, rather than raising hell later because you didn't know about it.

Double Tree, overall, has taken a nosedive over the years in regards to quality. They "used" to be nice because they were "new".
IDK, in the last 6 months I've stayed at Double Trees in Times Square and Baltimore and was very impressed with the quality. Meh, to each his own, I guess.

I'm not really trying to knock anyone else's preferences. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't have a problem paying for safe/secure parking, given the alternatives in cities like this. IMO, it's a small price to pay for a big piece of mind.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:40 PM
DEGRider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that many companies still believe they are the only game in town or the best . This seems to give them the mistaken idea that they can steal from you or that you will give up on the argument and just pay. This is the same thing states do to people that drive thru their state and only ticket the out of state plates. The with holding of the entire bill and blasting them on the net can be the only defense we have when they act stupidly.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:28 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Going to Vegas in a month, and the hotels there charge hidden fees as well as a $15-$20 "convenience" fee per night. What is so convenient about spending money I didn't need to? At least the fee does come with a coupon booklet for $5.00 off my next carwash (for my car that is two thousand miles away), a $6 steak dinner between the hours of 3am and 3:05am on December 30th, and a $1.00 off Wayne Newton tickets. Goodie.

BTW Raw, if you need advice on what to do or see (or eat), I can point you in the right direction. I lived in Nashville for six years. If hankering for a good steak dinner, check out the Hermitage Steakhouse.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:23 AM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I always try to support the Mom and Pop place's if i can, we were built on those places!!

Old 09-02-2011, 05:22 AM
jim gallo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all the hotel had to do was have someone carry your bags for you. i understand that their staff and they do not want the liability of parking your bike. they would have provided you with a safe place for your bike and the courtesy of the valet.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by carlgrover
I normally don't pay much more than $26 for the hotel stay and breakfast the next morning.
Where do you stay? The Bates Hotel? Where can you get a room these days for 26.00? Please tell. I cannot even get a 30.00 room with AARP.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:15 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,866 Likes on 22,519 Posts

Originally Posted by carlgrover
I normally don't pay much more than $26 for the hotel stay and breakfast the next morning.
You must stay @ the Motel 6 then?

Quick Reply: Valet parking