General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valet parking

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:59 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Super 8 don't have valet... they let me park under the canopy too..

Old 09-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
...You stayed at a Double Tree...
Yes, he said Double Tree, not Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. Most Double Tree hotels these days are just a step above a Motel 6.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:12 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,037 Likes on 12,172 Posts

When I book hotels in larger cities I always ask about the parking arrangements. Even when driving I want to self park and that's not always an option at some hotels. That said, when you booked they should have informed you of the parking situation and cost.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
Yes, he said Double Tree, not Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. Most Double Tree hotels these days are just a step above a Motel 6.
I'm not sure when/if you've ever stayed at one, but Double Tree rooms start at $200 a night. Most have 4 Star ratings (especially the ones in busy metropolises like Nashville) and are considered Premium accommodations.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm not sure when/if you've ever stayed at one, but Double Tree rooms start at $200 a night. Most have 4 Star ratings (especially the ones in busy metropolises like Nashville) and are considered Premium accommodations.
I have been traveling for a living for 35 years and stayed at many Double Trees. They used to be great hotels but we marked them off our list a few years ago when they started to let them go down hill. They were very inconsistant as to quality. Maybe they have improved again recently. I hope so. I'll admit, they did have good chocolate chip cookies.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:37 PM
whiskyls1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Dawson
I have been traveling for a living for 35 years and stayed at many Double Trees. They used to be great hotels but we marked them off our list a few years ago when they started to let them go down hill. They were very inconsistant as to quality. Maybe they have improved again recently. I hope so. I'll admit, they did have good chocolate chip cookies.
Double Tree, overall, has taken a nosedive over the years in regards to quality. They "used" to be nice because they were "new".

Old 09-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by whiskyls1
Double Tree, overall, has taken a nosedive over the years in regards to quality. They "used" to be nice because they were "new".
Exactly, I just didn't say it correctly. Thanks.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exact same thing happened to me in Milwaukee this past July. Went to the HD museum.
Stayed at the Double Tree. That one is owned by Hilton Hotels. I won't stay at a Double Tree again. They told me one price for a room and the next morning the price changed by 40.00 bucks. Of course I made an *** out of my self at check out but it did no good. They still have my 40.00 bucks and I am still an ***.

Last edited by Nellybelle; 09-01-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Microtel isn't bad if ya don't fart too loud or snore... the neighbors beat on the walls and the floors.. of course any sexual activity will get ya a friendly smile in the AM in the lobby at the coffee bar...

Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

So... they're 'sposed to give away their valuable parking spots for free? I don't think it matters whether you parked the bike or not, you did take up space in their garage, right? Would you have rather parked on the unprotected street and have taken your chances on whether or not it would be there in the morning?

You stayed at a Double Tree in a busy downtown area, my friend. Not some $36 a night rat hole out in the country. Hell, I'd have gladly paid the $26 (PLUS some), just to know that the bike was safe & protected.

Exactly!
I am thinking that the hotel would frown on taking your bike to your room rather than taking up their valuable parking space, so they provide parking. If they want my business, provide parking, the space is their cost of doing business. Imagine walmart without a parking lot.

Quick Reply: Valet parking