General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Righting a tipped over bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:54 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I just pick the f*cker up , 57 and a full boat is still no problem . If you can't lift it it's time to get off it it will hurt sooner or later .

In your defense TX in your case fighting the cold & wet all day can make a strong man weak , been there bro .

Appreciate you defending me, and it was a difficult cold and wet ride of about 150 miles in slick slippery mud and gravel but unfortunately I have to admit that I am getting older (now 73 years old) and weaker. However, even at 73 and weaker, I can still go for a 12,000 mile ride on my Harley through bad weather, bad roads, wildlife along the roads (six bears in one day), have a few cool ones in the evening and get rolling in the morning with all the enthusiasm that I always had for riding.

I tried to attach a photo of my Harley resting after a tough ride. Hope it shows up.

Attached Thumbnails Righting a tipped over bike-imgp0134.jpg  
Old 09-01-2011, 07:02 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

not quite the same for an electra glide....same principles I guess.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Appreciate you defending me, and it was a difficult cold and wet ride of about 150 miles in slick slippery mud and gravel but unfortunately I have to admit that I am getting older (now 73 years old) and weaker. However, even at 73 and weaker, I can still go for a 12,000 mile ride on my Harley through bad weather, bad roads, wildlife along the roads (six bears in one day), have a few cool ones in the evening and get rolling in the morning with all the enthusiasm that I always had for riding.

I tried to attach a photo of my Harley resting after a tough ride. Hope it shows up.
At least it fell on the right hand side. (easier to put the jiffy stand down! LOL)

Old 09-02-2011, 01:19 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Oh hell ya now that's a well rode bike my respect level just pegged for you my friend when my bike got to looking like that by late in the day my butt was whopped and I was in my 30s most times it happened .

You had a hell of wrestling match on your hands damn man , personally I'd have sat in the mud and waited too after that .

You need to photobucket that pic and post the main forum , " This is what a Biker's bike looks like when he's done for the day "

Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 AM
o/d
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

i may have a new hero. very impressive, especially @ 73

Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
VTK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting posts. I watched someone 'ride it up'. He had crash bars on it. There was some ugly scratching sounds on it's way up as he slowly let the clutch out but it was upright. Of course I can't find the video now that the subject came up.

Oh, I should also say that this dude looked all of 150 pounds and the bike was a RK.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:26 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Oh hell ya now that's a well rode bike my respect level just pegged for you my friend when my bike got to looking like that by late in the day my butt was whopped and I was in my 30s most times it happened .

You had a hell of wrestling match on your hands damn man , personally I'd have sat in the mud and waited too after that .

You need to photobucket that pic and post the main forum , " This is what a Biker's bike looks like when he's done for the day "

HaHa. I've had tougher days and it didn't look that bad.

Old 09-02-2011, 03:26 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dips me lid to ya for your ability at 73 -- and only hope that I can do the same when I reach your age.

Trying to pick that bike up in the mud would be like wrestling a crocodile... I probably couldn't do it and I'm only 59...
Great photo and I agree with TwiZted on the caption. That shots a keeper.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:56 PM
JohnTM
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped mine 3 weeks after purchase. Good thing I remembered the video. Picked her up easily. At 63, I seldom pick up anything easily! Also glad I purchased the Harley waterproof boots. I really needed good traction. I dropped her on damp grass on the side of my driveway.