General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Chock for Old Guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:03 PM
dfndr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Chock for Old Guy

I'm an old guy and have trouble getting my Heritage out of the wheel chock that came on my trailer(looks like Harbor Freight clone). Could be because the trailer has a depressed wheel guide channel of about 2 inches deep in the floor of the trailer. I just can't pull it up that high and out of the chock. Would a Wheeldock, Condor or Baxley chock help? Thanks

Old 08-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

My son and I got a Pingle jaws or something like that. Pretty costly. Mounted it on harbor freight ramp jack. It just squeezes from sides. Has no detent or anything. Just loosen her up a little (not too much or she leans into crash mode) and pull her out.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:25 AM
dfndr
Road Master

Thanks, I'll check that out

Old 08-30-2011, 02:27 AM
Retic
Banned

I got a Condor for my dad, he is in pretty bad shape, on o2 etc. it works well for him.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Baxley Trailers and Chocks
Former Sponsor
Default Baxley (Please read)

Hello. I'm the sales manager for Baxley. We make 2 different wheel chocks. The L.A. chock, which is fully adjustable for all stock wheels.

You only have to make one minor change to the upper arm for it to fit a 16" wheel. The owners manual has a tire guide directory that tells you exactly what to do. Very simple.

The fact that you can set it for the "exact" size tire that your bike has makes it ver easy to get on and off of the chock. Here is a photo of it and a video for you to watch.

Our chock is hands down the safest and easiest to use. And if you use it to transport your bike, you simply ride on and get off. Then take 1 strap on each side of the rear of the bike (pulling it forward and into the chock). Never compress the forks again.

www.baxleycompanies.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAaP6G2flnY

Old 08-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Love my Condor, easy to use, and adjustable too.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Jesus that baxley seems to be the best. I have to hold the bike and stretch over and crank her down on the wheel. That looks crazy easy. Will a 800 lb touring bike be able to pull in and just get off it and walk away?

Old 08-30-2011, 06:41 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by Baxley Trailers and Chocks
Hello. I'm the sales manager for Baxley. We make 2 different wheel chocks. The L.A. chock, which is fully adjustable for all stock wheels.

You only have to make one minor change to the upper arm for it to fit a 16" wheel. The owners manual has a tire guide directory that tells you exactly what to do. Very simple.

The fact that you can set it for the "exact" size tire that your bike has makes it ver easy to get on and off of the chock. Here is a photo of it and a video for you to watch.

Our chock is hands down the safest and easiest to use. And if you use it to transport your bike, you simply ride on and get off. Then take 1 strap on each side of the rear of the bike (pulling it forward and into the chock). Never compress the forks again.

www.baxleycompanies.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAaP6G2flnY
can you do a video like that with a harley touring bike? i have a condor now, but i wouldn't necessarily be adverse to buying one that i didn't have to have a 'push' to get out of....

Old 08-30-2011, 07:01 PM
creatv1
Tourer

old guy, I'm a small guy. The Baxley looks awesome, but if you have the harbor freight you can make it a lot easier to remove the bike from the chock by moving the front part closer to the rocking part. There should be a large shaft that is held in place with some cotter pins. Move the front piece a couple of holes toward the back and wheel won't go in as deep. Make sense?

Old 08-30-2011, 08:23 PM
dfndr
Road Master

Thank you all for the help. BAXLEY GUY, that's looks great. I too would love to see a video like that sport chock one with a Harley going on and off the LA or LA Trailer chock. Any possiblitiy? Thanks, Rick

Quick Reply: Wheel Chock for Old Guy