Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
17.50%
No
66.25%
No Opinion
16.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Is the Moco Giving us Enough on a New Scoot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:16 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is the Moco Giving us Enough on a New Scoot?

Well...They have given us a larger engine and a 6 speed with little increase in cost from the previous year.

Do you really think HD wanted to do this?

Alot of this it restricted by OUR government and the EPA.

If they don't meet the standards you don't get your new scooter.

They have to make their money on accessories - EVERY moco does this. If you're not happy about it buy another brand - wait! - They all do it. That's funny.

Alot of people are content with their stock bikes (not me personally).

Old 11-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 8,386 Likes on 4,346 Posts

Yo Skee,
Better check out his member profile and get a load of Nightwing's post today[X(]

ORIGINAL: WgSkee

Your right Harley needs more metric plastic chrome parts.... Sounds like you should keep riding your metric... I'll keep my crappy HD...

Old 11-23-2006, 02:38 PM
nightwing1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A.....bigsled why not layoff dude or dudet. If you don't like the truth....hange youself and get it over with. I have stated before and will say it again. HD can do a lot better and have. And wgskee, docpoof.....you are right. The point I was trying to make again is, it is the little things that will be with you for a long time, provided you keep the same bike for a long time, would be nice if they came from the factory plated. Head bolts, case bolts and so on, not everything. Making the bike the way you like it is all good. But things that are not easily replace as stated before would be nice if they came plated and not galvanized.

All manufacturers are out to make money...FACT.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:44 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Gee Guys, I have to side with Nightwing. I have a love/hate relationship with my 02 FLHT. This is my third Harley since 92. I love the look of the bike and it does what I want it to do-tour in comfort for me and my wife. The EG offers the best passenger perch hands down. That being said, what I hate is the very things mentioned by Nightwing. The chrome is peeling off of the bag guards, the aluminum fork legs are corroded in spite of my fanatical polishing, the bolts heads are all corroded as well. the engine cases are stained, and the natural finish on the stock wheels are trashed as well. I have a bare spot in the paint on the underside of my steering head the size of a 50 cent piece that has turned to rust. My bike has turned to a '50 footer' and all in the first year of ownership! The cause? having been caught in the rain a few times too many. The dealer response? NORMAL! I'm not so concerned with the amount of chrome on the bike or even the stage1 kit that is nearly SOP for any new HD. For me it is the little things such as quality anodizing of the bolts, proper protective coatings for the wheels and engine cases, quality plating on the bits that are chrome. I want to customize my bike because I want to, not because I have to. I recently bought a 94 BMW R1100RS with 46k miles on it. After spending a full saturday stripping the bike down, servicing and cleaning it, I couldn't help but be impressed with the overall condition of the bike. All my friends and coworkers who saw it thought it was new! They couldn't believe it was 12 years old. Yes, I think the MoCo can do better and should for the money paid for these machines. BTW, my FLHT was 13700.00 in 2002. It is now up to around 16300.00 +++. I'm not sure I'd make that purchase again. I feel HD has taken their eye off the ball and has put too much energy and resource in promoting 'the lifestyle'. It all begins with the bike and if the bike is not up to snuff, then they will live to repeat their disaster of the the seventies. JMO....

Old 11-23-2006, 07:41 PM
nightwing1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the back up.....Atleast one person understood what I was trying to say plain and simple.

Now look out for the flames....they will be comming for you next.[sm=boink3.gif]