General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever really thought about it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:07 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm single - I don't choose to listen to that stuff.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:30 PM
dcgray2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by straydog13
i told somthing simalar to my nephew when i started taking him out shooting. i just let him know that if an accident happens while we are ever out and he shoots me accidently for him not to worry about.For him to live his life and to keep shooting guns.For him not to have any regrets and for him to go on and live his life normally and dont listen to what anyone else might say because its between me and him and im not mad at him.I would want him to try his best to be a success in life and i wouldnt want some accident(no matter if i die) to get in the way of that.--------he was already 15 or so when we started shooting(i was trying to help him play catch up) he just looked at me weird kinda laughed and said ok.I let him know that i was serious,he became serious and again he said ok.I didnt make him promise but i am glad we had that talk.It would hurt him if he shot me...but i know our talk would also help him eventually stay on the course that i would want him to stay on in life.
I own about 30 guns and have been shooting all my life, I have introduced shooting to my wife, nephew, son, and quite a few of my friends and my sons friends. If any of them shot me, not only would I have failed at the most basic of firearms safety instruction and supervised practice, but so would they.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be so forgiving of either one of us.

Maybe I'm just selfish that way, but I don't take kindly to anyone shooting me.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:40 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

My 1st wife had those thoughts, and the second, and the third. The 4th one is just fine.....