General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never buying from J&P Cycles again

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011 | 09:55 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mustasz
Over the years I bought few items in JP Cycles store in Destination Daytona. I found their employees
very arrogant, in my opinion.Not very helpful. They don't even have in stock stupid
battery terminal screws. Went next door to Rossmayer's Harley and get them for free/a month ago/.
A lot of parts you have to order weeks in advance, otherwise JP doesn't stock them.
A year ago I ordered Mustang seat for my 96 Dyna, took them 2 months to bring it
to Daytona store, I already bought one on E-bay. I don't understand how JP is making
any money, I wouldn't shop there, except some simple items.
Jeez, are they supposed to stock one of everything? The sell parts for most all makes and models of bikes. For them to stock every part in their catalog would take a warehouse the size of......... well, the size of Iowa. Not to mention the costs involved with dead inventory laying around taking up space like the seat for a 16 year old Dyna.

Old 08-29-2011 | 09:51 AM
Finn111
Road Warrior

Looks like YellowBastrd wasn't getting the love he thought he deserved here, packed up his sh*t and left!!!!

I guess he showed us!

Last edited by Finn111; 08-29-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-29-2011 | 09:56 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Finn111
Looks like YellowBastrd wasn't getting the love he thought he deserved here, packed up his sh*t and left!!!!

I guess he showed us!
Yep. Didn't get the love and support he was so desperately seeking on here.

Old 08-29-2011 | 10:10 AM
Nabubba
Road Master

J&P has a great return policy and even better customer service in my dealings with them. I got a speedo from them that broke within 90 days of purchase called em up told them the issue no problem sent another one. I sent the first one back and got the second one a couple days later. That one made it longer but also broke not J&P's issue just a bad constructed part from overseas. I have also keyed in the wrong part when ordering and the got me the right part after calling and talking with them. Also when I needed a load equalizer to run led turn signals I called asking some questions and the rep got me what I needed and went over and beyond to find me the right thing.

Old 08-29-2011 | 04:03 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Old 08-29-2011 | 06:05 PM
Corsair
Advanced
Default Gone with the wind

Could it be that Yellow called J&P, they apologized, he got satisfaction, (and embarrassed) and removed all his posts? LOL.....

Old 08-29-2011 | 09:14 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

I disagree. I wasn't happy with them the one time I tried to use them. I found a better deal and was treated with intelligence. They will always be my very last call.
Originally Posted by Nabubba
J&P has a great return policy and even better customer service in my dealings with them. I got a speedo from them that broke within 90 days of purchase called em up told them the issue no problem sent another one. I sent the first one back and got the second one a couple days later. That one made it longer but also broke not J&P's issue just a bad constructed part from overseas. I have also keyed in the wrong part when ordering and the got me the right part after calling and talking with them. Also when I needed a load equalizer to run led turn signals I called asking some questions and the rep got me what I needed and went over and beyond to find me the right thing.

Old 08-29-2011 | 11:47 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by oldairboater
I disagree. I wasn't happy with them the one time I tried to use them. I found a better deal and was treated with intelligence. They will always be my very last call.
Just try talking to Bud from J&P and I'm sure everything will turn out ok.

Old 08-30-2011 | 07:02 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

I like J&P. Never had a problem with them or returns and nobody has more stuff. I'll actually pay a little more to buy from them than less-known stores or Ebay, because I know they'll back it up.

Old 08-30-2011 | 07:43 AM
Schex
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by Corsair
Could it be that Yellow called J&P, they apologized, he got satisfaction, (and embarrassed) and removed all his posts? LOL.....
Probably,...and may have got booted, no post or thread history

Last edited by Schex; 08-30-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Never buying from J&P Cycles again