General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never buying from J&P Cycles again

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011 | 08:49 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Foodog
It would be nice if companies would have a way to contact the owner. There does not seem to be a way to let them know there is a belligerent employee or someone not doing a good job of representing the company. There is no excuse for the guy in the warehouse doing a poor job of packaging or sending out a product with such obvious imperfections. Chances are another guy in the warehouse will get the return and just put it back on the shelf to be sent out again and the people in the front office will never know there was a problem.
I just ask for the owner & usually get him. If that doesn't work I'll email him. Usually one or the other will get a response.

Old 08-26-2011 | 08:57 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member

J&P has played a large role in keeping my Shovel on the road for thirty years. On the other hand, I would love to have access to the CEO of UPS living room for 5 minutes.

Then he would understand disappointment. Deluxe.

Old 08-26-2011 | 09:11 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lh4x4
They have a return shipping form with the item. How many other vendors do that? Just return contact them and get replacement or refund. No squabbles with them at all.

They are the absolute best vendor that I have dealt with in my 70 + years on earth.

They would appreciate being told what the problem was so that it won't happen again. They do care and need to know. Mistakes can happen. Just think about your own that you have made.
Nah. Hell, we're all perfect.

Originally Posted by golfblues
So why did you say "So I know one thing for sure, I'm never ordering parts from them again, and probably never online again either" in your OP? A little extreme because of 1 screw up. To post this on the internet before even giving the company a chance to make good is pure chicken sh*t. I've had a couple of problems with 2 sponsors of this forum. I CALLED them, told them of the problem & they were both corrected & handled in a professional manner. No need to trash them on a public forum without giving them a chance. BTW, maybe UPS should share half the blame too. It looks like the package was totally beat up by them don't you think? It takes to long too build a good reputation & quick post like yours is really not deserved. JMHO.
I agree with this 100%! I too have had problems with vendors here and other places. It is totally irresponsible to get on a public forum and trash this company, or any company for that matter, without first giving them an honest chance to rectify the problem. Mistakes happen. Christ sakes, we're ALL human! No one is perfect. I sure as hell ain't and I'm quite certain that, much to his dismay, neither is the OP.

Old 08-26-2011 | 09:27 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hooker 6
I've dealt with J & P for years - online, and in Daytona. I have never been disappointed, only impressed. The family is a great motorcycle family and they really care about their customers. They will make it good. Don't bad mouth a good firm because you got packaging from a doper in the shipping room. Whining a little too much I think. Just return the dam..d thing!
noooooo sht. What a freakin drama queen. How would you like to live next door to THAT guy?

Yeah its fk up....big fkn deal you aint special.Sht happens and sht will keep happening. Maybe they got a new guy....maybe someones pi$$ed cuz they didnt get a raise cuz there a dkhead and now there gonna fk sht up for the company.....maybe they cut back staff and everyone has to go twice as fast in the warehouse.....who the hell knows. You got a fk up part and now youre too bitchy and pissy to even talk like a man to someone instead of flying off the handle.Now youre gonna miss out on using a good company(youll be back and everyone knows it)........for what? Dam is this the worst thing you ever had happen to you? seriously wtf is wrong with you? calm the fk down and put your big boy pants on and have an adult conversation with someone and get your dam part sent back to you in a few days and keep doing business with what everone knows is a good place----or you can get mad and cry and bitch look like a baby and make everything worse for yourself in the long run.Your choice.------------and another thing why the fk does a grown man need an apology??? wtf?

Last edited by straydog13; 08-26-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2011 | 09:35 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by straydog13
noooooo sht. What a freakin drama queen. How would you like to live next door to THAT guy?

Yeah its fk up....big fkn deal you aint special.Sht happens and sht will keep happening. Maybe they got a new guy....maybe someones pi$$ed cuz they didnt get a raise cuz there a dkhead and now there gonna fk sht up for the company.....maybe they cut back staff and everyone has to go twice as fast in the warehouse.....who the hell knows. You got a fk up part and now youre too bitchy and pissy to even talk like a man to someone instead of flying off the handle.Now youre gonna miss out on using a good company(youll be back and everyone knows it)........for what? Dam is this the worst thing you ever had happen to you? seriously wtf is wrong with you? calm the fk down and put your big boy pants on and have an adult conversation with someone and get your dam part sent back to you in a few days and keep doing business with what everone knows is a good place----or you can get mad and cry and bitch look like a baby and make everything worse for yourself in the long run.Your choice.------------and another thing why the fk does a grown man need an apology??? wtf?
When you constantly say f'n this, f'n that, it loses effectiveness. Keep your powder dry.

Old 08-26-2011 | 09:38 PM
louisianaSVT2001
Road Master

Screw ups happen, this is obviously one of them. They should make it "good" by:
Replacing the product
Offering credit

But don't over react, chill out, give them an opportunity to make the deal good.

I also have had nothing but good experiences with J&P.. Very good vendor

Old 08-26-2011 | 09:41 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by straydog13

LMFAO!!!!! Oh sh*t, I dropped the F bomb too!

Old 08-26-2011 | 09:43 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hooker 6
I've dealt with J & P for years - online, and in Daytona. I have never been disappointed, only impressed. The family is a great motorcycle family and they really care about their customers. They will make it good. Don't bad mouth a good firm because you got packaging from a doper in the shipping room. Whining a little too much I think. Just return the dam..d thing!
Originally Posted by Ron750
When you constantly say f'n this, f'n that, it loses effectiveness. Keep your powder dry.
yeah youre probably right.Big babies just annoy me.

Old 08-26-2011 | 09:48 PM
mustasz
Tourer

Over the years I bought few items in JP Cycles store in Destination Daytona. I found their employees
very arrogant, in my opinion.Not very helpful. They don't even have in stock stupid
battery terminal screws. Went next door to Rossmayer's Harley and get them for free/a month ago/.
A lot of parts you have to order weeks in advance, otherwise JP doesn't stock them.
A year ago I ordered Mustang seat for my 96 Dyna, took them 2 months to bring it
to Daytona store, I already bought one on E-bay. I don't understand how JP is making
any money, I wouldn't shop there, except some simple items.

Old 08-26-2011 | 09:52 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member

I've been buying online since 1999. (damn ,did that rhyme?) From private sellers, ebay, Dennis Kirk, and others including J&P.

I've had TWO problems, both on ebay. One on a watch that never arrived and the ebay seller refunded my money. The other was a windshield on ebay. That was resolved too.

J&P ... bought out of their catalog and online ... no problems.

NO PROBLEMS !!!!

Quick Reply: Never buying from J&P Cycles again