General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never buying from J&P Cycles again

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011 | 03:34 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser

Well I have ordered from them before with no problems. Sorry for what happened to you, I just can't see giving up on a company because of one employees mistake considering how large the business is. You really need to call to help out your situation and to also help out other buyers after you so that way this will not occur again.

Old 08-26-2011 | 04:17 PM
fuzzy_math
Cruiser

There's a postage paid, pre-addressed Return label that came with every order I've had with JP - and I've ordered a lot of stuff from them. On the back of it is instructions and a multiple-choice form where you check a box for the reason for the return. I've returned stuff for no other reason than I had second thoughts about it or found it somewhere locally and never paid a 'restocking fee', been questioned by JP, or had any delay in credit or replacement. I never had to print a label or explain a return with them either. your results may vary, but still .....

Old 08-26-2011 | 04:21 PM
ThatYellowBstrd
|
Novice

(removed)

Last edited by ThatYellowBstrd; 08-26-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2011 | 04:21 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member

I'm sure JP will tgake care of it but its no excuse for poor packaging, returning online purchases is a pain in the azz.

I've bought a boat load of stuff online and have never had a problem and will only buy from a vendor who accepts paypal that way I'm in control not the credit card company.

Old 08-26-2011 | 04:29 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned

I have used JP for years and never had a problem with them. Great vendor.

Old 08-26-2011 | 04:46 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Man, one bad experience & now they all suck! Wow, some of you live in the dark ages that won't buy online. My wife & I have bought & sold online thousands of times. The money saved outweighs the tiny amount of problems we have encountered. Stop sweating the small stuff. **** happens, deal with it!

Old 08-26-2011 | 04:59 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by ThatYellowBstrd
They way they packaged it was pretty poor. They wrapped it in newspaper and left the tip exposed against the corner of the box. Plus, no matter what the packaging, there's no excuse for the gigantic paint drip or the obvious bent side where it connects to the header. My thought is that this was a return that was reshipped after someone couldn't fit it on their bike.
agreed. **** poor packing job

Old 08-26-2011 | 05:27 PM
ThatYellowBstrd
|
Novice

(removed)

Last edited by ThatYellowBstrd; 08-26-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2011 | 05:46 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by dickey
I can't figger how even the shadiest company would let something like that go out. That is why I never HAVE, DON'T, and never WILL buy anything online. Don't understand these guys that buy bikes & guitars online.
Damn I'm sorry to hear about a very unfortunate experience. I've bought so many items over the internet and I've never ever gotten something like what's in the pics. It is no consolation but between the Mrs and I, we've made literally hundreds of online purchases and your misfortune is so remote that I've never heard of such a F...K up like that!
It sucks but I would try to let them make it right, I've dealt with them before and the odds are in your favor it can be all worked out. Send the pics to their customer service email. Let us know how it turns out but gather yourself and ask them if making it right is something you can expect? It most likely will turn out OK.

Old 08-26-2011 | 06:31 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

They have a return shipping form with the item. How many other vendors do that? Just return contact them and get replacement or refund. No squabbles with them at all.

They are the absolute best vendor that I have dealt with in my 70 + years on earth.

They would appreciate being told what the problem was so that it won't happen again. They do care and need to know. Mistakes can happen. Just think about your own that you have made.

Quick Reply: Never buying from J&P Cycles again