General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fayetteville, AR Bikes Blues and BBQ Information

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Skeet7373
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fayetteville, AR Bikes Blues and BBQ Information

Anyone live in the area of Fayetteville, Ar? I would like to come to this festival but don't know the area. I'm looking for a motel that would be first on the safe side of town, and not too far from the festival. any recommendations would be appreciated.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:02 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,140 Likes on 12,206 Posts

I don't think there is an unsafe part of Fayetteville really. Just do an Orbitz search and grab a room from any of the big chains off 540. It's all pretty close. You could easily stay a bit north in Springdale and even as far as Rogers. 540 moves right along so getting to Dickson Street won't take any time at all.

You could check here but it's probably booked.

http://dicksonstreetinn.com/site/

Have fun. If you want to know some good routes, pm me. There's some beautiful riding there.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:27 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I grew up there, and there really aren't any bad parts where you would find a major chain hotel. My parents live in Springdale, and it's a 15 minute ride from their place to Dickson St. It's probably going to be tough to find a place this late in the game though. I'm planning on riding out there myself, but I get a free place to stay.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:15 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

It may be a little late to find something in Fayetteville. You may have to look in Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville or you may have to go south to Alma, Van Buren or Fort Smith area.

I am about 45 minutes south (Van Buren area) good open highway north to BBQ.

Come on over, you will enjoy it.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Skeet7373
Road Master

thanks for any info. I can find a room in Fayetteville, but I don't want to pay $159.99 and up. Even an Econo Lodge starts at $300...an Econo Lodge! I may just keep looking closer to the event when they do get some cancellations.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 PM
HD1044
Cruiser

Check out the hotel in Lowell, Ar. Lowell is 20 minutes from downtown Fayetteville right on I540. Hotel is right off the highway across from a McDonalds for reference. Very safe and good place to stay for access. I live about 5 minutes from it. Great spot to be to get the BBB or the local Harley dealer Pigtrail HD in Rogers. They usually have a lot going on too during BBB. Hope you can make it, BBB is a great event.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:37 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

You will enjoy staying in Eureka Springs.It is a biker town .Lots of bed and breakfast places ,motels and hotels.Lots to see there too.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

BB&BBQ has a facebook page as well. If you check there, you will find local and area establishments posting open rooms on occasion. It is a good source. I'm sure their will be camping at the fairgrounds but I have heard of a couple of items come up missing from there. Awful brave/stupid Mo Fo's robbing bikers at a bike event!
I wonder if any lose was due to the owners misplacing items. I've been known to do that myself.
If you plan on meeting up with anyone, you might check with them for floor space in their room. Been there, done that, got the hat! Lol

Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastHoss
You will enjoy staying in Eureka Springs.It is a biker town .Lots of bed and breakfast places ,motels and hotels.Lots to see there too.
I'll second that, and a pretty short ride to Fayetteville as well. Very cool little town, and extremely biker friendly.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Skeet7373
Road Master

Eureka Springs looks beautiful. I will be by myself and not too sure about traveling that far late at night. Tent camping at the fairgrounds is either primative camping or in the barn, no showers.

Quick Reply: Fayetteville, AR Bikes Blues and BBQ Information