General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight modulator / brake light flasher

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:09 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: headlight modulator / brake light flasher

Just finished installing the http://www.comagination.com/Headlight modulator. Very easy install I purchased the Combo kit for $85.00. it is plug and play. Everything fits inside of the headlight. Flashes at about 4 flashes per second. Can be shut off. Modulates the high beam when you have highbeams turned on. If you have low beams on there is no modulation. Only wire out side of the headlight is the light sensor which works very well. Sunlight coming in through the Garage door was sensitive enough to trigger the modulation. A shadow over the sensor was enough to shut it off.

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

Afraid of the headlight flasher, because some idiot will think I'm flashing.....OK pull out in front of me
No worry here, The modulator flashes at like 4 flashes per second constantly. Definately catches the eye.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:41 PM
lviguy
Cruiser

Installed http://www.kriss.com/harleymod.phpon my '08 RKC last Thursday, and the difference is very noticeable! Very easy and fast install, evenfor a clumsy oaf like myself.

Also have their http://www.kriss.com/tbmsystem.phpmodule for the brake light flashing and running lights but have not yetinstalled it. This will be tougher toinstall, but boosting visibility from the rear at night will make it worthwhile.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:14 PM
TooManyClowns
Tourer

I use a Kisan PathBlazer Headlight Modulator on my Softail
http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?...products_id=98

Thinking 'bout picking up the TailBlazer..
http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?...&cPath=130

Old 11-29-2007, 01:56 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Back Off tail / brake light flasher. Love it as it really is an attention getter

Old 11-29-2007, 02:07 AM
azhole
Road Master

My tail lights flash and the light do act as running lights, so I figure my unit must be the Kuryakyn module. I bought it with the unit already installed.
People that have seen me ride off at night tell me I look like a damn Christmas tree, so maybe I oughta put a little tinsel on the bike and park it in the living room...

Old 11-30-2007, 05:26 PM
wallyn
Road Captain

Was finally able to take the bike down a busy street with the new modulator on. I made a point to notice the eyes of the cars in front of me.

The first thing that made me love this was asI came up to 4-way stop sign. I was preparing for a right turn and coming to a stop. A car coming from the right and entering the intersection making a left turn legally,immediately snapped her head in my direction as I came toa stop. She definitely saw me.

Cars coming in your direction definitely see you and cars sitting and the side streets should see you very easily. the systems are absolutely eye catching a a great safety measure.

I am using the High Beam modulation

Old 02-06-2012, 06:24 PM
67MUSTANG
Stage II

Originally Posted by hbski
anyone using flashers or modulators on their ride???

brake light flasher

headlight modulator
if you have a 2011 or 12 softail as we do just take it to the shop and have them turn on this factory installed function, you dont need kriss $150 unit for these can-bus bikes. For other bikes they have a flasher just for the harley. Its a good idea, i never missed those old cadillac brake lites with the flashers.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
67MUSTANG
Stage II

If you have a 2011 or 12 softail just have the shop turn on this factory installed function on these can-bus bikes, no parts to buy. I didnt ask but they may have the headlit flashing option too. It can be risky adding parts to a can-bus system. For other models the harley shop will have a flasher for your bike that you can install yourself. Its a good idea. I never missed the flashing stoplites on those old cadillacs.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
xwhyz1959
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,803 Likes on 536 Posts

If you want a brake light that will get noticed, spend the $$$ on a BAL 1. My neighbor kid was behind me about 100 yards or so the other day. Late afternoon sun right on my back and setting. I asked him if he seen my brake light as I slowed down to turn into the driveway, and all he said was HELL YES. And you won't believe these things at night!!

Old 02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

67MUSTANG - congrats on your first 2 posts and digging up a 5 year old thread.

Quick Reply: headlight modulator / brake light flasher