General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight modulator / brake light flasher

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 02:57 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: headlight modulator / brake light flasher

ORIGINAL: hdjoe88

I use an LED Kuryakyn smoked Laydown taillight which gives you three quick flashes when brakes are applied. I also added the K. turn/run/brake module which makes the rear turn signals running lights and brake lights. They flash also when brake is applied. Anything to make you more visible[sm=goodidea.gif]
how is the brightness of Kurykayn compared to a regular bulb ?? I have been looking hard at their systems

Old 11-16-2006, 04:26 PM
chops
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

afraid of the headlight flasher, because some idiot will think I'm flashing.....OK pull out in front of me
I have an on-demand modulator.

I have had cars lock up-stand on their brakes coming out of side streets after I modulate my headlight at them.

Saved me a few times over.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:53 PM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motolights mounted on lower front forks. Harley turn signal conversion kit and set of Hyperlights on the rear.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:11 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

Signal dynamics back off module on my tour pack lights. Paid $29.95. Easy to install and am very glad I have it.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:43 PM
jr_c6
Road Captain

I have both the headlight modulator (activated on hi-beam during the day) and the brake light flash. I know I get noticed much more. Glad I have them.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:46 PM
hdjoe88
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

ORIGINAL: hdjoe88

I use an LED Kuryakyn smoked Laydown taillight which gives you three quick flashes when brakes are applied. I also added the K. turn/run/brake module which makes the rear turn signals running lights and brake lights. They flash also when brake is applied. Anything to make you more visible[sm=goodidea.gif]
how is the brightness of Kurykayn compared to a regular bulb ?? I have been looking hard at their systems
Definitely the LED is brighter.

Old 11-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

I am presently working on the assembly line @ www.heavycycles.com and would recommend doing the Led Brake lights I am even going to put one on my Shovel it will have built in Turns and a Blue dot center .... they are the brightest Light on the market and even have a 5 year warranty

Old 11-17-2006, 02:47 AM
ZJAvy
Road Captain

Ok someone explain how these headlight modulaters work and stick a couple links in here for theirs please so I can check them out. Thanks

Old 11-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Daytrip
Novice

http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=2

Our local Edmond police biker safety instructors--all friends of mine--say that this is the best $100 you can spend on your bike. I've had one for 2 years and can vouch for its effectivness. Cagers do notice them! That's the point. The idea that some cager is going to think you're flashing him to pull out in front of you is ludicrous, imo. You never use one riding with a group unless you're the lead, and you can turn them off when tooling around town in heavy traffic and riding behind cagers.

I'd rather someone say, "You look ridiculous with all that light show going on" than to say, "I never saw you." I also have the Kuryakyn tail light modulator that turns rear turn signals into running lights; they flash 3 x's when the brake is depressed. You need to replace amber lenses with red or use clear lenses and red bulbs. My riding group are all very impressed with this tail light feature.

Alan
2008 Ultra Classic

Old 11-22-2007, 09:26 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have to say that the Kuryakyn Panacea tail light saved my life on the freeway the other day. I have it set to flash when you hit the breaks. I had to stop quickly because someone in my lane decided they needed to stop, which cause a chain reaction. well I was at the end and hit the breaks hard and as soon as I realized I was going to stop in time, my next thing to do was look in my mirrior to see if I was going to get rear ended, looked back saw a guy coming up quick with his turn signal on and changing lanes. I really dont know if the flashing light saved my life, but since it was day time and my motorcycle is small compared to a car I would say it caught his eye in enought time to change lanes and not kill me.

Chris

Quick Reply: headlight modulator / brake light flasher