General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you ride slow in the left lane?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 02:16 PM
C110BOB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autobahn is just the word for highway in Germany. There are speed limits in necessary places, usually urban areas, and there are very high or no speed limits in places. The left lane is for passing. You are ticketed for not returning to the slow lane after passing. It is a very effective method of moving alot of traffic in a timely manner. It would work here if there weren't so many dumba##es.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:25 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by C110BOB
Autobahn is just the word for highway in Germany. There are speed limits in necessary places, usually urban areas, and there are very high or no speed limits in places. The left lane is for passing. You are ticketed for not returning to the slow lane after passing. It is a very effective method of moving alot of traffic in a timely manner. It would work here if there weren't so many dumba##es.
key words.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Sonicgazi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball
Lately it seems I'm riding in every lane EXCEPT the left lane just to pass all the ******** clogging it up.

It's amazing what one ******* can do to 4 lanes of I-95 traffic.
I feel your pain, brutha.

To me, the left lane is for putting the hammer down. Tho the other day I noticed a guy on a goldwing in the left lane holding up traffic on I-64 heading towads Charleston, WV. He was going 5 under the posted speed limit. Had about 17 cars lined up behind him. They got a name for these kinda people....jerkoffs.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:53 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,163 Likes on 12,217 Posts

Originally Posted by terryrh
The reason Harley does it the way they do is because they try to keep the "rumble and sound" while still being legal. It's a shame.
Other brands do it too. I have a KTM that barely ran from the factory to meet EPA restrictions. The "fix" is to rejet, open up the exhaust, and toss all the anti smog plumbing. It's practically a dealer kit.

That said, it's way cheaper to do that than to get a HD up to speed. Granted, a pipe, filter, and dyno would probably give my bike some legs, but that's still close to a grand.

Originally Posted by Sonicgazi
I feel your pain, brutha.

To me, the left lane is for putting the hammer down. Tho the other day I noticed a guy on a goldwing in the left lane holding up traffic on I-64 heading towads Charleston, WV. He was going 5 under the posted speed limit. Had about 17 cars lined up behind him.
Goldwangs are Harleys for people without an imagination.

Glad to hear an example of another brand in the left lane tho.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:29 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
I really like the azzwipes that can't wait for you to move over even when I am 10+ over the limit and havta pass you on the right.. usually in my pickup they do this and sooner or later they or someone else will get hurt because of it... the you watch em weave the lanes in front of you, in a hurry to go nowhere fast...
Usually the slow old farts like to think the people moving and having a good time are going to end up hurt, but it rarely happens, unless someone is driving extremely recklessly. What most often happens is the people having a good time, keep on having a good time, and the slow, grumpy old farts just keep on being grumpy and farting.