General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If You're An "A@@hole, You Too Could Be A Harley Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:59 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the dealers name? I bought mine at schaeffers in Orwigsburg, best dealer around! Techs know their ****, parts manager knows what he's talking about and my salesman is awesome!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by olddude48
The attitude of some of the HD dealers makes me want to sell my HD and go buy a Honda or Suzuki or Yamaha or...........they all have two wheels and to me,that's what it's about!
If I get treated poorly at any business,to me it reflects on the product and I don't need it!
I walked into a Suzuki dealer years ago to look at a bike. So I was standing there looking at it and no one came to help. I finally tracked someone down and asked if he was a salesman and he told me he was the owner. I asked him if it was alright if I sat on it. His reply was, "Don't scratch it up, are you planning on buying it?" I said not now and left. Bad dealers aren't just specific to Harley.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:29 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a good dealer close to home. Know the family all my life. Remember when they could only get so many HD's a year. Watched this dealership grow and have always been treated more than fair. We have a lot of dealers in a hundred mile radius. A couple are okay and the rest suck. Who owns it makes a difference.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 AM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate my local dealership. Latch Lonestar Harley in Tyler, Texas. I went in there the other day after several months of staying away just to see if things have changed. Yep, they have. They got worse. I was in the store (timed it) sixteen minutes before someone greeted me. Guy leaning on counter reading a parts catalogs glances up and says, "Hey man, need anything?" During this time, the manager walked right past me and didn't even acknowledge I was there. Keep in mind that this is the man who I bought my Street Glide from back in 2008 for 20-something thousand dollars CASH! You would think he would at least smile and nod. BTW, the owners of the dealership are never there. I now go to a dealer almost three hours away. They are outstanding! Paris Harley Davidson, Paris, Texas. Nice service area waiting room with a huge window looking into the shop so you can see them working on your bike. (no hiding behind "you can't come in here" insurance regs) Free coffee and donuts. Big screen TV, etc. Helpful but, not pushy staff, and an owner who is awesome! She has only met me twice, but, remembers my name and thanks me each time she sees me for coming all the way to her store for service! Guess where I'll buy my next bike?

Old 08-23-2011, 10:37 AM
VTK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I can say that I've always been treated right at San Jose Harley when I'm there in person. Now, trying to get help on the phone? That's a different issue. There is one parts guy I refuse to talk with because he is always in a pissy mood but the other guy is great.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:07 AM
DeD Fred
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been to every stealer within 100 miles of my house. Ive never had one bad time at any of them. In fact everyone has gone out of their way to help me every time Ive gone there.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by warrick
that is unfortunate. I actually look forward to stopping in at my dealer. I sit on bikes and kinda browse the whole shop everytime I come in. I never get bothered. The lady that works in apparel is super nice and will bend over backwards to help, the parts guy kept a slip of paper with some notes on parts I wanted for 4 months over the winter. I also know one of the salesman, we always talk bikes, but he never talks to me about buying, he knows how happy I am, and that I will come to him if I do buy another.

Too bad they aren't all this way.....
It would be worth a visit just to see that!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:23 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,185 Likes on 6,716 Posts

.....and if you're the Dealer from Gillette, Wyoming, you could be their king.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I have had nothing but great service and experiences at my dealership over the years. The owner, the mechanics, parts counter, apparel counter and sales. All older experienced folks who treat everyone right. Maybe that is why the are always sold out before the next model years bikes even get in.

Reiman's in Kewanee, Illinois.

Last edited by lh4x4; 08-23-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 PM
ClutchCargopa
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyguy5571
I went to a Dealer near me that acted that way. It was like I was bothering him because I wanted to buy a bike. I never walked into that place again and I never will. I drove down to Reading to buy my Road King and, it was well worth it. Great people at Classic HD.

+1 on Classic. Great people and never the attitude. I moved out of the area but still return

Quick Reply: If You're An "A@@hole, You Too Could Be A Harley Dealer