General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If You're An "A@@hole, You Too Could Be A Harley Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts
Default If You're An "A@@hole, You Too Could Be A Harley Dealer

Never in my life, have I met so many people who act like they're doing me this HUGE favor by coming over & taking my money. Only ever met 1 dealership where people acted like they might actually WANT my business. Too bad I'm not closer --- I'd go to them, just because they treated me that way.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:08 AM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..relax, you live in one of the best places on the east coast for riding..you could be in Florida..lol..

Old 08-23-2011, 07:12 AM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is unfortunate. I actually look forward to stopping in at my dealer. I sit on bikes and kinda browse the whole shop everytime I come in. I never get bothered. The lady that works in apparel is super nice and will bend over backwards to help, the parts guy kept a slip of paper with some notes on parts I wanted for 4 months over the winter. I also know one of the salesman, we always talk bikes, but he never talks to me about buying, he knows how happy I am, and that I will come to him if I do buy another.

Too bad they aren't all this way.....

Old 08-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

warrick ---- must be that 1 dealer that I mentioned above! That's what they were like. Didn't even have my bike with me when I went in! Unfortunately, too many of them are "the other way."

Old 08-23-2011, 07:29 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Never in my life, have I met so many people who act like they're doing me this HUGE favor by coming over & taking my money. Only ever met 1 dealership where people acted like they might actually WANT my business. Too bad I'm not closer --- I'd go to them, just because they treated me that way.

I went to a Dealer near me that acted that way. It was like I was bothering him because I wanted to buy a bike. I never walked into that place again and I never will. I drove down to Reading to buy my Road King and, it was well worth it. Great people at Classic HD.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:54 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts

No different than any other franchise. The people make the difference between the good ones and the bad ones.

My local dealer is great. People come up to you and welcome you as you enter the door. They smile at you and it actually looks genuine.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:59 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The main dealer I go to is Awesome! Southeast Harley in Benford Hts Ohio and they are great! I have become friends with one of the parts guys, I got my Nova from one of the saleman and over all the people that work there are cool, they don't push you, they just talk and will help you as needed. Most of the dealer around me are good.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Give this man one point for a new creative subject line!

Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 AM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The attitude of some of the HD dealers makes me want to sell my HD and go buy a Honda or Suzuki or Yamaha or...........they all have two wheels and to me,that's what it's about!
If I get treated poorly at any business,to me it reflects on the product and I don't need it!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:24 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my god, i have been in the wrong line of work all my life!! my wife is always calling me an ******* for something i did or said.

Quick Reply: If You're An "A@@hole, You Too Could Be A Harley Dealer