Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UVC Fee?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 03:26 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,973 Likes on 17,895 Posts

No disrespect here but they sized you up for a sucker and pulled a hard bluff on you knowing there was 90% chance you'd fold . Now you get the state & legal involved or wipe the *** off your face and take it as a lesson learned .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 08-28-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:47 AM
DOMAPOI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I hope you got that 15 day grace period in writing or have a bunch of personal witnesses to back you up in court when they tell you they never said you could bring it back within 15 days if you decided it wasn't for you!!

Make sure you let us know how it turned out!!!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:31 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm tired of these business models where they make it appear you are getting a low cost, than add on a bunch of surcharges to make their margin. If it's a legitamate cost but it ij the price so I know my cost in total. The airlines are the worst, but it's creeping into others now.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:08 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

This is the reason a lot of riders call them "stealerships" I suppose?

Old 08-28-2011, 10:22 AM
dcgray2
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
No disrespect here but they sized you up for a sucker and pulled a hard bluff on you knowing there was 90% chance you'd fold . Now you get the state & legal involved or wipe the *** off your face and take it as a lesson learned .
Twisted, you always find a way to succinctly say what you mean!

In my opinion the cost and hassle of going the legal route almost never gives you the satisfaction you think it might.

It's a lesson learned, you signed the papers after all. Did they mislead you? Yes? Are they slimy? Yes Should you avoid doing business with them ever again? Yes

In my opinion the far better strategy is to suck it up and move on. Tell everyone you meet on a bike to watch out for them because their unethical and will take advantage of you.

Word-of-mouth is a powerful thing.

And yes, post a summarized, emotionless accounting in the bad dealer experiences.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Pezzy
Intermediate

Hey guys; thanks for the replies.

And TwiZted Biker: Yes, you certainly don't mince words!!

Say.....when some of you mentioned the legal route.....or TwiZted Biker, when you said "....get the state & legal involved....", do you mean hiring a lawyer?

Even as pissed as I am, I don't think I'd get very far.

I admit that I signed on the dotted line.

The misconstruing of that "15 day / 15 mile" thing? My wife and I both know what we heard. They'll claim different....even though they should have corrected me because I said it out-loud in exclamation that 15 days would be plenty of time for me to decide.

So DOMAPOI: there's no "bunch of personal witnesses", just my wife and I....and them. And you know what they'll say......

You know, when I was there trying to see if they'd work with me and give me some kind of recompense, but, I saw that I wasn't getting anywhere, I mused out-loud that I might indeed try the legal route. And remember I said that the dealership's general manager got involved in this?

Well, charming fellow that he is, he said, "Don't bother." I don't have the best poker face, so my eyes probably popped and I said, "Don't bother??" And he said, "Don't waste your time." So I asked, "What....do you already know that I'm going to lose?" And he said, "Yes, you'll lose."

Gosh, such an endearing man. I'll bet that he just attracts and keeps customers left-and-right. NOT.
Pez

Old 08-28-2011, 05:24 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by dcgray2
Twisted, you always find a way to succinctly say what you mean!

In my opinion the cost and hassle of going the legal route almost never gives you the satisfaction you think it might.

It's a lesson learned, you signed the papers after all. Did they mislead you? Yes? Are they slimy? Yes Should you avoid doing business with them ever again? Yes

In my opinion the far better strategy is to suck it up and move on. Tell everyone you meet on a bike to watch out for them because their unethical and will take advantage of you.

Word-of-mouth is a powerful thing.

And yes, post a summarized, emotionless accounting in the bad dealer experiences.
To the point no lines to read between and it always sticks with the proper presentation . After 2 ex wives and 20 years of teaching knuckle headed dimwit apprentices you do pick up a few tricks . It's all so an in your face rage again the over the top politically correct world we are having shoved down our throats everyday .

What will stick in your head , my sling or a monotone well you should have done this ................

Bet money he does a man package check before the next time around too , least I can do to help .

Pezzy I did mean that in a positive way really got your attention and kicked the brain into drive didn't it ? , by legal I meant he gave you a verbal contract making that statement every state has a consumer protection agency or dept ( can't remember the name ) that deals with situations just like yours and I'll bet your not the first the place has done this too . Move quickly clock is ticking and if you have an attorney a phone call usually shakes the tree pretty good .

Every state has a cooling off period for a major purchase like that giving you the right to back out , depends on what yours is .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 08-28-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Did they even use lube when they bent you over?? Sorry, just had to ....LOL

You knew of this fee, and signed the paperwork, so get over it already..
I do agree that is is BS though...expensive lesson learned, sorry you got smacked man... Next time you buy, I bet you ask more questions, and read more carefully..

Typical dealer BS ...add on extra $$ to line their pockets from inattentive buyers...
At least your happy with the bike, that is what counts in the long run..
Peace

Old 08-28-2011, 06:39 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

Twizted is right, A call from an attorney will usually get their attention. Yes the dealer is a piece of **** but do you like the bike? A lawyer could probably get you out of that deal very easily because of the "cooling off" period where you are able to return a purchase. Since I'm not an attorney I don't know your states laws but I think most states have that law. But you do have to act fast, waiting even a few days might mean you are stuck with the purchase.

If that general manager said "Don't bother" to me it would be "GAME ON".!!!!!

Last edited by BikerV; 08-28-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:24 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by PineyRider
Twizted is right, A call from an attorney will usually get their attention. Yes the dealer is a piece of **** but do you like the bike? A lawyer could probably get you out of that deal very easily because of the "cooling off" period where you are able to return a purchase. Since I'm not an attorney I don't know your states laws but I think most states have that law. But you do have to act fast, waiting even a few days might mean you are stuck with the purchase.

If that general manager said "Don't bother" to me it would be "GAME ON".!!!!!

Yep and it would be the full E ticket ride .

Quick Reply: UVC Fee?