General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broke My Last Tie To Harley, Goodbye and Farewell

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Well im not bashing bikes because theirs a bike that fits everyones style and ridding ability but how can you judge your entire Harley experience on an 883 and buell?? Anyway i loved Harleys since i was little and for me its about the bikes being timless and the american heritage, the style ,the sound and to me there is not another bike on he planet that looks as good! Get things in the mail all the time from local dealers having open house parties with free live bands, and food, 20% off accessories.. Dont see the local Honda dealers doing that! Ive owned 4 harleys now and i never had a problem with any of them! And if i wanted to go super fast id buy a crotch rocket!

Old 09-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

It's all very simple: We ride Harleys because we want to ride Harleys.

There's absolutely no need to explain or justify that choice to anyone, especially those who are hard-wired not to understand.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 AM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

"Me and the Busa will be having many a happy mile together I think..."

I have a Hayabusa -- an '07. My Harleys are better engineered, more user friendly, infinitely more comfortable, better built and overall far superior to the bike from Hamamatsu.

Wait until the side stand drops your bike -- it's gonna happen and the replacement plastic fairing piece will set you back almost $600. Turn signals are non-canceling and the controls are really and I mean really cheap feeling. Dash is covered in a fake carbon fiber decal. Wait until the first hot day and the radiator fans turn on and roast your legs. Better hope you are not on the freeway in a jam because it can be extremely painful.

Don't forget to oil the chain every 250 miles or the sprockets will go. Expect to put a new rear tire on every 3000 miles. Don’t leave it in the sun because the paint fades easily. And when you go to the shop, notice how they are working on three or four brands, 50 different models as well as go carts, snowmobiles, jet skis and a bunch of other vehicles. They really know the workings of your Hayabusa...not.

Oh it will go like hell in a straight line, no doubt. But after a few months that ain't much but you are stuck with the horrible ergonomics as long as you own the bike.

Yeah, I found you to be a bit of a fairy so I won't miss you. And you will no doubt find like-minded people on their low-mileage Busas because no one can rack up the miles on those bikes. And Hayabusa.org has a bunch of poser dicks who hate Harleys so you will feel right at home there.

Good luck and don't let the door hit your fatass as you leave...

Last edited by bjewell; 09-07-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:12 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by keikanca
Dude, you have 335 posts on this site - WTF? Get off - leave - take a midol, ride your Vespa to the local gynecologist, and stop bashing something you know so.......little.........about.
Coming from Billy Badass with 47 posts........ The man bought and rode two of Harley's offerings to see if it was for him and it wasn't. How is owning two different Harley products put him in a catagory of knowing so little about a product? At least he isn't one of the trolls from an imitator site bashing a product he's never laid a finger on!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:38 AM
R@gs
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't take this as an insult, but man, wtf were you thinking? You should have read some forum information and saved your time and money on what boils down to a silly experiment.
Unless you are a expert class rider I would watch my p's and Q's on that Busa.. It will eat you alive if you don't know how to rock and roll on big heavy style sport bikes.
To each his own but Harley is a different animal , don't compare it to jap bikes, it is in a class of it's own. They are built for people who realize this and have a purpose for them. Personally I ride a 78 XR 750 on a C@J frame with rubber strapped lights and license plate bracket. I live in a rural area and there is no jap sport bike that can keep up with me on tight curvy rural roads including your Busa.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:44 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
I'm glad to be back to a carbed bike too many things to go wrong with efi.
The dyna seems to have a little more power. putting the stage 1 on it made a big difference in power. the softail already had the stage 1 done to it, and I always thought it was a bit flat powerwise
Yeah, my stage 1 made a huge difference. But your sounds better at idle. Mine still sits at 1000 rpm all the time. Nice bike. I love the paint job on that edition.