General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
72.13%
No
27.87%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll

Harley Dealer Survey

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:08 PM
GeezerGlider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harley Dealer Survey

Jones H-D in North Little Rock is pretty good. They are forthcoming in all areas, and if they can't get to it, they tell me instead of stringing me along.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a real tough question as far as I'm concerned.

My dealership has been and is nothing short of fantastic. [sm=smiley20.gif]

I get service and maintenace reminders, thank you's, post cards, sale coupons, discounts, open house inventations, a personalized custom calendar with a photo of my bike an myself, happy _________ holiday cards (just plug in the holiday). Now this has been OVER a YEAR since I purchased my new RK. [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

And they know who I am EVERY time I walk into the door, or call on the phone, be it Sales or parts or attire.

I sledom go to the service desk, but even as unfrequent as I am their, I get the same courtious responses and answers to any questions as well.

And for any that want to know who they are:

Southside Harley-Davidson/Buell
Virginia Beach VA

http://www.hrhd.com/location_sshd.htm

I'm not being paid for any advertising, good gosh the money that I'm spending on my RK turning it into my rendition of an Ultra!

I wish that I was being paid. I am proud to let you know who they are, they have done me right in all respects. Can't beat them hands down.

I feel sorry for those who don't have a dealership with all that Mine has going on....[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 11-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Bighorse
Road Captain

A Dealer is a little community with all of the elements that you would find within any large group of people working together. It is to your advantage to discover who the players are in terms of their function & capabilities. For example knowing who the most proficient wrench is & who scheudles his work can be a plus when you need service. There are two people qualified to do dynos at my Dealer. One is excellent & is known to squeeze every bit of performance possible out of a bike. The other person is good but does just enough to be acceptable.
I think that we should have some sort of indication about the skills or lack of, that the people have working on our bikes. Ain't we all family?

Old 11-14-2006, 10:19 PM
bdgreen
Banned

Bought mine from Mancuso Harley here in Houston. For years they were the only Harley dealer in or around Houston. Then came Republic Harley, Stubbs Harley, & Woodlands Harley. Mancuso opened a second location about 1/4 mile from my house so I went there for convenience. Problem here is they still act as though they are the only dealer around. The sales rep treated me great, until I signed the papers and left. After that they had no idea who I was. The service department is a joke. The parts people are pretty good, as long as I'm not interfering with a personal phone call. And could someone explain to me why everything I want has to be ordered, and take 10 - 20 business days to deliver?

Old 11-14-2006, 10:19 PM
xmeter
Tourer

I am very fortunate as I have a Great Dealer here that I do my business with.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 PM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

My dealer is Liberty HD in Akron Ohio.......Honest, Fair, Dependable, and the service guys know WTF they are talking about. They aren't perfect but they really go out of their way to do the right thing. They will get all my business.
+1. got my EG there, feel very comfortable taking her back there for anything that might come up, except maintainence. i enjoy doing that myself.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:40 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

don't go to them myself , I buy all aftermarket parts . Don't even where their shirts

Old 11-14-2006, 10:41 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TJB50...then would that make you my brother ???

ORIGINAL: TJB50

I agree with Toyrider as we both have the same dealer. I can't say enough good about them. The whole dealership from top to bottom. They treat you like family!

Old 11-14-2006, 11:00 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

After the OVER priced 1 K service and crappy work from the tech,they will only see me if I need parts or warranty work.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I voted yes........................but then again, I work at the Dealership where I bought my bike

...............now I just have to remember all your names

Quick Reply: Harley Dealer Survey