General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

easy ways to shave weight off the bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkey
If you're serious; start with the smallest bike that can handle the biggest motor; that means Dyna...then your wallet is the only limit...what has this discussion got to do with ricers? Why do so many try and change the subject when someone wants better performance out of a Harley? There's a huge aftermarket out there for more than chrome farkle bits.....I enjoy what I've done with mine as much as some have done with paint and chrome.....to each his own.
Anyhow; I've got an aluminum swingarm, rims and composite rotors...that took a LOT of unsprung weight off and it can easily be felt. A 117ft lb motor is not too common in ricers but is a lot of fun to ride in a 607lb bike and I have ridden many others,too...Harleys are just my favorite...
dude, can't you tell that it was NOT a serious post about performance?
if it was, the OP needs to do some research first. the info is out there.
you're a gear head judging from some of your other posts. the OP isn't. you can give him all the advice in the world, but you'll be speaking to him in a different language ....

Old 08-17-2011, 02:55 PM
doer
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,793 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkey
If you're serious; start with the smallest bike that can handle the biggest motor; that means Dyna...then your wallet is the only limit...what has this discussion got to do with ricers? Why do so many try and change the subject when someone wants better performance out of a Harley? There's a huge aftermarket out there for more than chrome farkle bits.....I enjoy what I've done with mine as much as some have done with paint and chrome.....to each his own.
Anyhow; I've got an aluminum swingarm, rims and composite rotors...that took a LOT of unsprung weight off and it can easily be felt. A 117ft lb motor is not too common in ricers but is a lot of fun to ride in a 607lb bike and I have ridden many others,too...Harleys are just my favorite...
Thanks Sharkey and the couple other intelligent replies-I happen to like the way a minimized Dyna rides and looks-was just comparing notes.