General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Banning Loud Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 11:39 AM
oldguyalso
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LibelLarry
Plus if you don't like the rules of the road, including exhaust. You can build you own private road. Then you don't need a licence, there no applicable laws that would apply to any vehicle on that road, and you can have exhaust as loud as you want. Till you build that road, you are out of luck with any-this-or-that-I'm-a-badass exhaust system. You could rely on non-enforcement but not for much longer.
Hmm what a informed post /sarcasm ..... are you sure your name isn't miss spelled ... LiberalLarry..

Old 11-11-2015, 11:42 AM
CoffeedrinkerinNC
Cruiser
Default Banning Loud Pipes?

It's all about my freedom until it's something you do like.....gay marriage, abortion rights, disciplining your kids, capital punishment.....

Old 11-11-2015, 03:15 PM
BluesStringer
Road Master

Received 690 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by CoffeedrinkerinNC
It's all about my freedom until it's something you do like.....gay marriage, abortion rights, disciplining your kids, capital punishment.....
Umm....None of this is about your freedom. You're the one who wants other peoples' stuff banned, remember?

Just for poops and giggles though, telling us which side of those issues you are on might give some insight as to why you're advocating for banning other peoples' stuff.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:16 PM
CoffeedrinkerinNC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BluesStringer
Umm....None of this is about your freedom. You're the one who wants other peoples' stuff banned, remember?

Just for poops and giggles though, telling us which side of those issues you are on might give some insight as to why you're advocating for banning other peoples' stuff.
Gay marriage: I really care less who you love and have sex with, marriage should be for all.

Abortion rights: Keep religion out of it, it's legal, let it be. If you don't want one, don't have one.

Capital punishment: We need to kill them faster, no fighting the legal system for 20 years.

Disciplining your kids: There is a line between discipline and child abuse, but we have taken it way to far. I have no problem giving my child a few wacks on the *** when they needed it.

It comes down to, where do you draw that line of what is freedom. Where do your rights stop and another person's begin?

Old 11-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Ray on the drums
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,137 Likes on 513 Posts

Gay marriage: I really care less who you love and have sex with, marriage should be for all.

Abortion rights: Keep religion out of it, it's legal, let it be. If you don't want one, don't have one.

Capital punishment: We need to kill them faster, no fighting the legal system for 20 years.

Disciplining your kids: There is a line between discipline and child abuse, but we have taken it way to far. I have no problem giving my child a few wacks on the *** when they needed it.

It comes down to, where do you draw that line of what is freedom. Where do your rights stop and another person's begin?
Don't draw lines on my helmet!

Old 11-11-2015, 06:11 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by BluesStringer

You asked, I answered. Is this still just another "silly" helmet argument?

Blues
Gee, that was very interesting. But the bottom line it doesn't matter what any citizen thinks it means. I offered an example previously when Nevada's governor took it upon himself to create a helmet law. And that was accepted as the law of the land since a corresponding legislative or judicial branch didn't disagree. And that could apply to banning loud pipes, or most anything, really. A chief of state, president or governor, can create legislation about almost anything and unless they are thwarted by a legislative or judicial branch....

This is my basic concern, that someone will get a 'bee in their bonnet' about some issue and create legislation we really feel is oppressive. This could be a member of an executive branch or also a legislator.

Last edited by rjg883c; 11-11-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Ray on the drums
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,137 Likes on 513 Posts

My goofy state of Missouri doesn't find eye protection needed by law. (WHAT?)
So their opinions on a helmet I try to not let get to me.

By law you or any round gal can run on a quite little (hard to see worse, than
a damn bike even) moped all over the city without a helmet but I have to have
one on a motorcycle, riding beside you/her? Man get the hell out of here!

Last edited by Ray on the drums; 11-11-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:42 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Kill unborn babies and ban loud pipes....makes sense

Old 11-12-2015, 10:50 AM
oldguyalso
Cruiser

"I offered an example previously when Nevada's governor took it upon himself to create a helmet law. And that was accepted as the law of the land since a corresponding legislative or judicial branch didn't disagree. And that could apply to banning loud pipes, or most anything, really. A chief of state, president or governor, CAN CREATE LEGISLATION ABOUT ALMOST ANYTHING and unless they are thwarted by a legislative or judicial branch....

This is my basic concern, that someone will get a 'bee in their bonnet' about some issue and create legislation we really feel is oppressive. This could be a member of an executive branch or also a legislator.[/QUOTE]

There are no KINGS in the land..those F'ers work for us!!! Vote them out ...the problem is that there is a division within the M/C riding family that thinks that since THEY wear a helmet that ALL should where a helmet...I belong to the NRA and we fight for the 2nd amendment with the same commitment for the protection of our rights ..... I now understand when the Citizens of a FREE state complain when LIberal *** Holes move to their cities... the Libs/communist want to impose their agenda ..

Last edited by oldguyalso; 11-12-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:47 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by oldguyalso
"I offered an example previously when Nevada's governor took it upon himself to create a helmet law. And that was accepted as the law of the land since a corresponding legislative or judicial branch didn't disagree. And that could apply to banning loud pipes, or most anything, really. A chief of state, president or governor, CAN CREATE LEGISLATION ABOUT ALMOST ANYTHING and unless they are thwarted by a legislative or judicial branch....

This is my basic concern, that someone will get a 'bee in their bonnet' about some issue and create legislation we really feel is oppressive. This could be a member of an executive branch or also a legislator.
There are no KINGS in the land..those F'ers work for us!!! Vote them out ...the problem is that there is a division within the M/C riding family that thinks that since THEY wear a helmet that ALL should where a helmet...I belong to the NRA and we fight for the 2nd amendment with the same commitment for the protection of our rights ..... I now understand when the Citizens of a FREE state complain when LIberal *** Holes move to their cities... the Libs/communist want to impose their agenda .

This entire debate is silly. I only mentioned helmets initially because they were an example of how a head of state can impose his will on the 'subjects', and there is not much they can do about it. We can 'vote them out', but that takes time and there is no guarantee that the replacement will be any better. That is the problem, not a "division within the M/C riding family" because there are many issues far more important then M/C issues.

Last edited by rjg883c; 11-13-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Banning Loud Pipes?