General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold my bike. Tougher than I thought

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowride
I actually went to Orlando harley... To trade down... Get a lower payment.
I like O H-D...
They offered me great trade in value.. Even though my payment would have gone down... The actual amount owed would have been more... And back to 6 years..
So they offered to pay it off and take it...
So I did it...
Signed the papers... Got a ride home...
I know the feeling...delivered my boat to the buyers marina...parked it in his slip...tied her off...walked to the gate and my wife was there waiting. Empty moment.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:18 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as selling at the dealer.... I took it dry... But I couldn't pay it off...
I'd prefernot to mention
What I got... But rest assured, it was one sided, to them...
My mom is very ill

Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior

My pops is about to under go major surgery.... I am co signed on his bike..
I couldn't continue to make my payment and his, if needed..my nephew who lives with me, also has a bike I cosigned on.... He is upside down... Thinking of trying to sell....if he does... I'll just probably take his payments...
I have no issues with co signing..would and will do it again.. Getting rid of my bike was an easy decision...

Old 08-15-2011, 09:49 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been trying to sell my Heritage for about 8 weeks. I'm going to give up until spring except listing it on Craigslist. I sure am glad I'm not desperate to sell 'cause this may be the toughest bike sale I've had.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the 08 1200 C for sale on CL for like 3 months and had one guy make an offfer then back out and another make stupid low offer. Just by chance I ended up tading it for a 72 Nova that is very nice and worth more than the bike. I have always loved the 68-72 Nova's so it was a no sweet deal for me. I my try to sell my XL50 here soon before the season is over as we have not been riding all that much and love to take the Nova out. I want a Jeeep Wrangler so to get that the bike has to go. i will not sell any of the 3 cars we have, but I also love my bike so it's hard.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:37 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowride
I sold my RoadGlide yesterday...
Took it deep hard and dry....
But current economics.... Family health issues... Seems.... I hope it was the right thing to do... I want to wait it out a few months... Get another bike.... This time I will join the cash only parade..
I may have jumped a lil too quick selling the bike... I don't want to jump to quick to buy a cheaper bike..
Wish me luck...
Reading all of your post, you seem to a person of character. No very many around. Your priorites are straight and you logic is sound.

Believe me you will be smarter and my more grounded in the future. The best is yet to come.

Good luck with your Dad and other issues.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:03 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by leicafish
Reading all of your post, you seem to a person of character. No very many around. Your priorites are straight and you logic is sound.

Believe me you will be smarter and my more grounded in the future. The best is yet to come.
Thanks bro!!!! I
Good luck with your Dad and other issues.
appreciate it...
I have already been hitting the classifieds hard... But it will probably be a year or so before I actually buy!
Appreciate the words!

Old 08-15-2011, 03:54 PM
burnafatty
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have lot's of good rides in you mind and nobody can take that away...when the time is right you will know it ...press on Bro'

Old 08-15-2011, 07:27 PM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

sometimes it hurts to do the right thing and you did the right thing. when things get better you will get another bike but remember cash is king...

Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 AM
iride66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had to sell my bike many years ago while in college. Thought I'd get another in a year or less. It took several. I swore I'd sell my house before being without a bike again....sounds good and is really close to true but...you are doing the right thing. Gotta look out for the family. Hope your folks are well soon and you are back in the wind quick.

Quick Reply: Sold my bike. Tougher than I thought