Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lynyrd skynyrd cancelled at the chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 03:57 PM
dad311
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lynyrd skynyrd cancelled at the chip

Anyone here besides me pre-pay for a ticket at the chip and get screwed(no refund) because lynyrd skynyrd canceled?

The real issue I have is that Im sure the Chip didnt pay lynyrd skynyrd not NOT playing, but feels like they are entitled to keep my money anyway.

Lesson learned, never pre-pay for a Chip ticket.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:48 PM
rickb
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well i went to there site it says your paying for camp site admisson not a concert ticket as the concert are free with admisson so i guess thats there way of getting around that,

Last edited by rickb; 08-14-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:58 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,921 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Lynyrd Skynyrd went down in a plane crash, that is a cover band so you're not missing much.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:24 AM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to see Skynard and ZZ Top at a concert a few years ago and Skynard had to cancel. Their keyboard player was so drunk, he got alcohol poisoning and had to go to the hospital. Cool thing, ZZ Top played a double set. I'll never buy tickets to Skynard again.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Bones77
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgeezer
I went to see Skynard and ZZ Top at a concert a few years ago and Skynard had to cancel. Their keyboard player was so drunk, he got alcohol poisoning and had to go to the hospital. Cool thing, ZZ Top played a double set. I'll never buy tickets to Skynard again.
I saw Skynard at Solider's Field in 76. About 3 shows before the plane when down IIRC. Awesome concert. On the bill that day. Maghony Rush, UFO, REO Speedwagon, Lynard Synard and Ted Nugent.

The band you see these days is a pale comparision. I believe it is a combination of former Synard, Rossington Collings Band, The Outlaws and 38 Special. That's what happens when people die and the band must play on.

Bones

Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 AM
doer
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,651 Likes on 2,720 Posts

Gary Rossington is the only guy from old skynyrd...This band should be called something else.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Saw them again for the last time last summer. No more.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:18 AM
leanhog
Road Warrior

I pray that Johnny Van Zant will recover from this serious staph infection. Thanks to the band for the energy & great performances. You can bet that it takes alot more than a singer falling off of a stage to keep this band away from the Skynyrd nation of diehard fans.

Gregg Allman will now do a longer performance Wednesday that will include more songs from The Allman Brothers Band.

Lynyrd Skynyrd lead singer Johnny Van Zant was hospitalized with a severe staphylococcus infection and is currently undergoing treatment. Shows in Minnesota were canceled over the weekend, as was a Monday show in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:29 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lynyrd Skynyrd also cancelled a show at Ft. Knox this weekend. I was wondering why, but not really interested enough to go see this version. They replaced them with Kansas and made it a free show.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
remerson
Advanced

They also cancelled at the MO state fair. NO replacement band. The concert was Doobie Brothers then LS. The fair gave people the choice to go on an see Doobies or get their money back.

Quick Reply: lynyrd skynyrd cancelled at the chip