General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coworker decided to move my RK

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 02:55 PM
bradja
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coworker decided to move my RK

It's a marked lot and I was correctly parked. An employee, who happens to ride a sport bike, was assisting another employee with a jump. I was there in the facility, but I may have been talking to someone. He moved my 09 RK onto an adjoining walkway so the he could facilitate the jump. I came out and when I inspected my RK I saw that the power switch was left in the accessory position. His sport bike was still there so I went inside, figuring he had done it. I knew no one else would have.
He was playing some chess with his boss and when I finally interuppted he realized why I was there. I told me about the jump and that I was with someone.
I didn't say anything, but I expect my expression was clear, and I left.
I'm sure that from his perspctive he treated my RK with respect, and moved it to a nice shady spot on the walkway. But he erred, didn't he?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR3SItax2Zc

Old 08-14-2011, 03:18 PM
TheSinistral
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody better move my bike... he needs some education. But you didn't have the steering locked?

Old 08-14-2011, 03:24 PM
bradja
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheSinistral
Nobody better move my bike... he needs some education. But you didn't have the steering locked?
I havn't locked the steering on that lot, or the switch. Maybe I'll start. What do you say about his education?

Old 08-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just seems wrong on too many levels.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:26 PM
dortiz
Road Captain

Right or wrong you wont make any friends at work by being mad that another biker moved your bike in order to help another stranded employee out.
You will look bad in this one. Best case is grab a chance to say thanks for helping out another worker and please make sure you find me next time.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:34 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by bradja
I havn't locked the steering on that lot, or the switch. Maybe I'll start. What do you say about his education?

Perhaps he needs one...

Old 08-14-2011, 03:44 PM
louisianaSVT2001
Road Master

Someone took it upon themselves to move my bike one time at work as a "joke". I noticed my bike moved. I went to my office and got on the surveillance cameras, caught him in the act and had a nice "friendly" talk with him about not ever touching my bike again. He seemed shocked that I was upset about him screwing with my ride.

Don't mess with someone else's ride

Old 08-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Vitric
Cruiser

This reminds me of the time I was over my girlfriends house with my bike, and her father decided to go and sit on it to "see how it felt" without even asking me if he could do so. I wonder if he would like it if I took the keys to his Acura and sat in it without me asking him? Then there was the time that I came out of a store and some guy was leaning against my BMW, casually talking to his friends. I didn't say anything but he knew that I didn't appreciate his disrespect for my property. I think the time I found a soda can on my trunk topped that, though.

I learned this when I was really young. I went and picked up the bass guitar of the guy who was in my fathers band. Needless to say, he didn't appreciate it. He didn't say anything or act all pissed off, but I could tell he wasn't too pleased with the fact that I essentially messed with his stuff.

Last edited by Vitric; 08-14-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:58 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

When dealing with someone and my bike I ask them how they would fell coming home and finding the old lady still bent over the coach *** up with a dazed smile on her face a slug trail leaking down her leg , usually gets the point across nicely .

Old 08-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by dortiz
Right or wrong you wont make any friends at work by being mad that another biker moved your bike in order to help another stranded employee out.
You will look bad in this one. Best case is grab a chance to say thanks for helping out another worker and please make sure you find me next time.
It's a place of business making friends is secondary at best and not relevant to the OP's question. Thank him for trying to help another but make it clear that moving your bike is not an option. If you were driving a car and were "with someone" would he have moved your car? I doubt it.

Quick Reply: Coworker decided to move my RK