General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coworker decided to move my RK

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Harleybass
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-15-2011, 11:00 AM
MenaceUC
6th Gear

Is this the third grade?

Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i would have been mad, but since it was at work I would have told him nicely to ask you to move it next time. I mean youdon't get get in someones car and move it without asking.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 AM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by bradja
It's a marked lot and I was correctly parked. An employee, who happens to ride a sport bike, was assisting another employee with a jump. I was there in the facility, but I may have been talking to someone. He moved my 09 RK onto an adjoining walkway so the he could facilitate the jump. I came out and when I inspected my RK I saw that the power switch was left in the accessory position. His sport bike was still there so I went inside, figuring he had done it. I knew no one else would have.
He was playing some chess with his boss and when I finally interuppted he realized why I was there. I told me about the jump and that I was with someone.
I didn't say anything, but I expect my expression was clear, and I left.
I'm sure that from his perspctive he treated my RK with respect, and moved it to a nice shady spot on the walkway. But he erred, didn't he?
Far more than "erred"....

We would be having a nice talk about how it can be very painful for someone to move my bike without my permission. It is no different than moving my car.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Jigger
Advanced

See no reason to overreact in this situation. He was helping a co-worker out --He meant no disrespect to you. No harm no foul.

Obviously he was wrong to move your bike without at least asking for permission. Explain clearly in private that your bike is not to be touched/moved.

You should at least remove your keys anywhere in public. Would be more concerned about theft than your perceived "lack of respect".

Last edited by Jigger; 08-15-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-15-2011, 08:02 PM
bradja
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks all

Originally Posted by alkay191
I don't think your expression was clear if you didn't say anything. I also don't think the dude cares about what you think or he wouldn't of touched your bike.
I see you posted a video of how you wanted to handle the situation, BUT DIDN'T .....
A lot of good responses and I appreciate. I think trafficjams said it well too. Locking was not the issue in this. It was disrespect. I took care of it today. He was on the lot as I arrived. I asked him about the jump and listened respectfully. Then I told him,"I was right here. There is nothing that I would be doing so important that I would not expect you to contact me, interrupt me, or reason for you to ever touch this motorcycle. Is this clear?"

It was tense. It's done. It won't happen again.

1. I took my time and didn't overreact. I didn't cause my job a problem.
2. I spoke to him in private. I did not discuss with anyone else at work and did not malign or embarrass him with others.

In his defense he may not have been cognizant of how disrespectful it was, but I suspect he knew at some level, and just didn't care.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bradja
A lot of good responses and I appreciate. I think trafficjams said it well too. Locking was not the issue in this. It was disrespect. I took care of it today. He was on the lot as I arrived. I asked him about the jump and listened respectfully. Then I told him,"I was right here. There is nothing that I would be doing so important that I would not expect you to contact me, interrupt me, or reason for you to ever touch this motorcycle. Is this clear?"

It was tense. It's done. It won't happen again.

1. I took my time and didn't overreact. I didn't cause my job a problem.
2. I spoke to him in private. I did not discuss with anyone else at work and did not malign or embarrass him with others.

In his defense he may not have been cognizant of how disrespectful it was, but I suspect he knew at some level, and just didn't care.
that was my thinking.
you handled it the way that was right for you. who cares what I or anyone else thinks.
I'm curious though, why did you post that SOA video? You know you'd never handle it that way ....

Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM
locodude
Road Captain

It's a bike, not a child, the dude moved it for a very good reason and sounds like he treated it with respect. How would you feel if you were stranded and needed a jump and someone refused to move a motorcycle that they had knowledge of how to move. I think the stranded guy trumps your bike. I would be glad that someone was able to help someone else out.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:44 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by alkay191
that was my thinking.
you handled it the way that was right for you. who cares what I or anyone else thinks.
I'm curious though, why did you post that SOA video? You know you'd never handle it that way ....

absolutely.--Bottom line is youre there and we are here.You took care of it.You know the personalities and the situation and we dont.Your main goal was to make sure it didnt happen again.Goal accomplished.Its over and done with.

You posted that soa video because deep down you would have liked to have cut the mfkers head off huh???------its just a tv show/make believe.We all have to deal with real life and real life decisions.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 PM
alkay191
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by locodude
It's a bike, not a child, the dude moved it for a very good reason and sounds like he treated it with respect. How would you feel if you were stranded and needed a jump and someone refused to move a motorcycle that they had knowledge of how to move. I think the stranded guy trumps your bike. I would be glad that someone was able to help someone else out.
I wouldn't touch someones bike and wouldn't expect anyone else to do it either.
If i'm stranded and need a jump start, I can wait few extra minutes to get the owner to move his bike.

Quick Reply: Coworker decided to move my RK