General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coworker decided to move my RK

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 06:53 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by FroggyFatBoy
A stern look wouldn't have been enough for me. without going balistic i would have told the guy calmly and clearly that under no uncertain terms was he or anyone else allowed to move my bike.

I never lock my bike at work, but its also right outside the shop door and i also trust my co-workers.
Lock it , a guy not 3 blocks from here pulled into his front yard middle of the day and lost it not 10 minutes later with him sitting 30 feet away .

Old 08-14-2011, 07:00 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

if i worked where i couldn't see the bike or there was any significant public access it would get locked. but working at a car dealer and it being parked right on the side of the building by the door i don't worry about it.. i had another tech joking with me the other day about hanging a old tire on the back rack(i had left it by the tire machine that he works next to) and i told him if he valued any straight panel on his truck he wouldn't think about f'in with my bike or OL.. course then we all laughed and went to have a smoke and talk about ridin...

Old 08-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

So a dweeb from the chess club messes with your bike, you react to the situation with a 'harsh look' and then post a WWJTD video?

Old 08-14-2011, 07:15 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

lol.. maybe he was scared of having a pawn shoved up his nose or worse...

Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Even though no one should touch it, you should have cared enough about your bike to lock it.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:42 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,578 Likes on 5,090 Posts

Originally Posted by dortiz
Right or wrong you wont make any friends at work by being mad that another biker moved your bike in order to help another stranded employee out.
You will look bad in this one. Best case is grab a chance to say thanks for helping out another worker and please make sure you find me next time.
bullshit,,,,he should have contacted the OP and have him move the bike,the person that moved the bike was totally wrong

Old 08-14-2011, 08:46 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

What a traumatic experience, I'll pray for your speedy recovery.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

The dude was wrong to move your bike. Why couldn't they have the decency to find you first? Just because some nimrod has a dead battery doesn't give them the right to handle your bike. What was the rush?

Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Right or wrong you wont make any friends at work by being mad that another biker moved your bike in order to help another stranded employee out.
You will look bad in this one. Best case is grab a chance to say thanks for helping out another worker and please make sure you find me next time.
+1. Well said. This would be the best education for your co-worker. It will be a win-win for everyone involved despite that he was in the wrong. He should have known better and interrupt you so you could move your bike. If he does it again, then give him the SOA education.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 136 Posts

I agree with Dortiz here. It's the work place and has to be handled accordingly.
Whether the bike was locked, chained, alarmed, etc has nothing to do with it.
The co-worker had no right moving it for anything short of a life or death situation.

I work on the first floor of an 11 story building. My office has a big window that looks out onto the side parking lot. One morning I glance out the window and there's a BMW bike parked right in front of my bike, blocking me in. I watched for the rest of the day to see if the owner moved it....nope. At 5 o'clock I went out and stood there waiting. After 15 minutes I went back inside to the security guard and asked if he knew who owned the bike. He said that he did and he'd let the guy know he needed to move it. I told him that if the bike wasn't moved in the next 5 minutes that the tow truck would move it. The guy was outside in 2 minutes. lol I then told him that if he wanted to share a spot with me that I had no problem with it, but just let me know. He never blocked me again and never attempted to share the spot even though I always left room for both bikes.

Quick Reply: Coworker decided to move my RK