General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you REALLY want your spouse along?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My partner not only loves to ride with me, but is co-owner of the bike!

I love having her with me, but if I want to ride and she doesn't, she's cool.

And hot!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:21 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff of NV
My wife is my best friend. I can't imagine being married to a woman I didn't want riding with me.

Riding with friends,
Geoff of NV
I feel the same way. When me and my wife first started dating it took awhile to get use to riding 2-up all the time, but now it does not feel right unless she is on the back. Me and my wife do everything together besides going to work and I love it!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

No room anymore.....

Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,019 Likes on 17,916 Posts

I'm seeing an age thing here with who does an doesn't in general , younger guys or some in the throws of middle age crazies tend to want to run alone it's about the " Man " thing still I think . More experienced or settled guys like their partners with them , it's were you are in life I guess for most of us . I've had women who loved the bike and couldn't get enough to the woman I've been with the last 10yrs she has no interest in the bike but accepts it along with me as one and all the lifestyle that came with . She has her own life and this works for us in a very comfortable way , wish I'd have found her 20yrs ago .

Old 08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by Very High Plain Drifter
My partner not only loves to ride with me, but is co-owner of the bike!

I love having her with me, but if I want to ride and she doesn't, she's cool.

And hot!
If she's cool and hot, must be that darn menopause.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:47 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just traded in my 2011 Limited that I bought so my wife would be comfy while riding. I had 5000 miles on it & she logged a total of maybe 300-400 miles. It was a great bike but I really liked riding my Heritage & the old school look so I traded it in on a 08 Roadking. I just installed a removeable backrest for her so when she wants to ride she can but it will be seldom....BTW, we've been together 30 years in Nov.10, 2011, & married 25 years in Dec. 15th, 2011.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
SingSing
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtinner
What makes you think she would want to ride with a turd like yourself?
Dude, there is NOTHING better than you and your ol lady on a ride catchin a breeze. My ol lady has been with me thru thick n thin.......She deserves to be on the Glide more than me....Dude, You are really a rotten dude to feel like this. Bad bad mojo.....
I bet youd want your wife4 to be the first one to show up if your all wrecked up in the hjos;pital from a bad spill....think bout that one.....

Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 PM
jim gallo
Cruiser

my x never got on a bike with me but my girlfriend and me ride 2 up 95% of the time. she loves it and i love having her with me. i traded to a triglide so she would be more comfortable than she was on the soaftail. we take lots of day trips and are planning a few overnighters for the fall.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use to always want my ex-fiance to ride with me. I enjoyed her company and when she got to ride with me, it was always an extra good ride. When she left me, it was hard to not have her riding with me. But I've come to enjoy riding solo though at times it'd be nice to have someone along with me.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 PM
killerk95
Club Member

Well my wife is the type who doesn't care to ride on the bike. There have been times when I thought I sure wished she'd go on a ride once and while. I sometimes envy the guys with fun wives who go along on group rides. Then again, riding solo is much easier and less stressful imo. I would like her to go once in a while tho. Maybe next wife????? Nah, that'll never happen....Ride safe guys (and gals!)

Quick Reply: Do you REALLY want your spouse along?