General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you REALLY want your spouse along?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:43 PM
rpbrown
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mt wife is my best friend. She has her bike (08 Fatboy), I have mine (06 Wide Glide) and then we have ours (04 Ultra). We can ride 2 up, alone or togeather as individuals. I do like having her along on most occassions but I also do some alone time as well.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:55 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

After a bad chash my 2000 wide glide was gone
so I upgraded to a roadking classic so my wife
could be more comfortable and she has always
made the trips and rides more enjoyable

Old 08-14-2011, 12:59 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

my wife is my best friend. we enjoy spending time together, especially now that the kid is grown and married. she has her bike, i have mine, and we enjoy riding together, esp. taking long weekends, or bike vacations together.

there are times that she doesn't want to go, or can't go, on a ride. she has never begrudged me going with 'the guys' or even by myself. but it is more fun for me when she is along.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

my wife has ridden with me since 1988. she doesn't always wanna go, so I have time alone.
I have noticed when there's a Harley in the garage she does want to go riding more often

Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

My bride and I have been married 37 yrs come Jan 31. She has literately saved my life twice, two heart attacks, both times she was there to bring me back. I would not ever not want her to ride with me. As far as she riding her own, no, she is not the type that can handle two wheels, which is ok by me, cuz even after all this time she still hugs me tight. (Especially in a tight corner LOL)

Old 08-14-2011, 01:09 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm actually surprised your marriage has lasted so long. I understand where you are coming from to a point. On short little mind clearing rides, I would like to take by myself. Other, longer rides, I'd want my wife with me every minute to enjoy what I enjoy. Either as a passenger, or on her own bike. Wouldn't matter to me. Unfortunately, unless they come up with some miracle breakthru on allergies, that just isn't going to happen. And I love her enough that my long trips without her will be limited, or non-existant.

Be glad you have an old fashion wife that is willing to put up with you not wanting her to participate in your fun time. It's rare.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by garand
It's not that I feel like my wife and I have to do everything together, it's just that we want to. Hell, I taught her how to call turkey's and put her fine azz in a blind next to me.

Sometimes I do go to a bike night or two or a ride with the guys, but honestly I still miss my wife when I'm out.

I've been riding with friends for years, and the first club meeting I went to with a local MC they had all the wives sitting at another table. I realized then it wasn't for me. When my friends and I are planning a ride together our wives are more than welcome to sit at the same table as us. Hell I don't need a club house. My friends are welcome over for a good meal and beer anytime as well as their wives.

Someone asked me on another thread if my wife was hot. Of course I think so, but I'll post a pic anyway. Here's to a happy marriage. BTW, today is our anniversary.

...don't ask about the little scooter I'm on. lol

Congratulations, you look like a cool couple.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:10 PM
MrMojo
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As much as possible!

Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
RockerSE
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we've been married for 32 years. my wife road once 32 years ago and decided she didn't like it. she refuses to get on one, but never complains when I ride. I really wish she enjoyed it too but she is too afraid of them.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,823 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Originally Posted by olddude48
My wife is also my best friend and we do pretty much everything together but my bike is for my alone time! She doesn't care to ride and I don't try to talk her into it!
Me too...27 years married to my best friend. She used to ride with me alot, but chooses not to now.

And that's fine with both of us.

Quick Reply: Do you REALLY want your spouse along?