General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you REALLY want your spouse along?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:51 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,019 Likes on 17,916 Posts

Wives are like the bike , when you have a good one the world is a great place . When you have a troublesome one you know how the day is going to end . My ex was a rare one for the bike she was one of the few I enjoyed being out with for a day or 3 weeks at a stretch and guys we got into as much or more fun as I've ever had solo , small frame and big rack always made for a party .

Old 08-14-2011, 10:53 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I enjoy having my wife with me when we ride. She is a great passenger. I have offered her the opportunity to get her own bike several times, but she likes heer throne on the back of the Ultra too much. I have many activities that I do not do with her. Riding is just not one of them.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,184 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by TKDKurt
The question I have is do you REALLY want your spouse/significant other along on a motorcycle ride?
I love it. My wife grew up around Harleys, she's a great rider...I hardly notice she's back there except nice things like I really enjoy riding with her on the back and her arms around me, or when she rests her chin on my shoulder, and her double dee's pressed into my shoulder is an added perk.

She hops on the back perhaps for about 15% of my riding time....since I take my bike to work often, and ride with buds solo at times.

We both have hectic and busy lives, so time spent with her on the back...is time spent together doing something we both love.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each their own TKDKurt. To answer your question, I genuinely like the idea that my wife and I have a similar interest and can enjoy it together. I spend most of my time on the bike alone with rare 2-up trips with Momma. She actually encourages me to get out on the bike alone or to ride with friends when i get the chance. I apparently do good enough making plans with her to ride that it keeps her happy. Win/win for me.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Melonbob
Cruiser
Smile

Originally Posted by TKDKurt
I have read lots of threads about many of you taking your wives along 2-up. Others of you express happiness and pride when your spouse gets an M class license or a new bike. The question I have is do you REALLY want your spouse/significant other along on a motorcycle ride?

Don't misunderstand me, I have been married for 34 years and love my wife. But I bought the motorcycle for ME. I have ordered her some gear so she can ride 2-up with me from time to time, but I have told her that is going to be the exception, not the rule. I expect that to be an issue if she enjoys riding. I half want her to be scared so I don't have to explain why I don't want to take her along on every ride.

Am I alone in this?
No offense, but its the tone of your thread that set people off. You do come off as selfish, saying taking her will be the exception, and hoping she'll be scared so you don't have to deal with her. Finally, you ask REALLY in all caps, and it comes off as though you are trying to convince all of us we really don't want our spouses around.

Having said all that, I love having my wife with me. I'm torn, she drove the nightster for the first time this week and had a great time. She's thinking she may want one of her own. I love the idea of my wife riding herself, but I also like her on the back of my scoot.

And I really can't complain about her restricting me, we went out riding with a couple of women last night (my wife is trying to get to know the local female riders), and we stopped off at a strip bar for a quick beer. How the hell can I go wrong with that?

Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Totally Bored
Road Captain

Originally Posted by zukeeper
if the wife restricts what you can do or where you can go , I'd get another wife.just sayin

Whatever.....Married 20 years now and she's good for "OTHER" stuff

She does like the bike and sometimes we go for a ride, but in general NOoooooo...... I have more fun riding solo and-or with my buddys.

Last edited by Totally Bored; 08-14-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-----------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-01-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Yep...I love it when she rides with me. (thats her leg over my bike in my avitar) I don't drink when on the bike...okay, maybe one / most two.

She's been known to get a party rollin!!

I do ride a lill mo agressive when she ain't on tho!!!!!

Beav

Old 08-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Been married 39 years, my wife has absolutely no desire to ride. Hell she won't even get on my bike in the garage behind closed doors. She understands that I like to ride and will always say to be carefule or "I'll break your face." I do like my solo rides but I also would like to share some of the places that I ride to with her. But I would rather have a willing passenger than an unwilling one. So I go it alone and make an effort to spend time with her in other ways.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:25 AM
garand
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not that I feel like my wife and I have to do everything together, it's just that we want to. Hell, I taught her how to call turkey's and put her fine azz in a blind next to me.

Sometimes I do go to a bike night or two or a ride with the guys, but honestly I still miss my wife when I'm out.

I've been riding with friends for years, and the first club meeting I went to with a local MC they had all the wives sitting at another table. I realized then it wasn't for me. When my friends and I are planning a ride together our wives are more than welcome to sit at the same table as us. Hell I don't need a club house. My friends are welcome over for a good meal and beer anytime as well as their wives.

Someone asked me on another thread if my wife was hot. Of course I think so, but I'll post a pic anyway. Here's to a happy marriage. BTW, today is our anniversary.

...don't ask about the little scooter I'm on. lol

Last edited by garand; 08-14-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Do you REALLY want your spouse along?