General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you REALLY want your spouse along?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 PM
killerk95
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have however taken her mom (75) and her sister for rides from time to time. Sure would be cool to have a hot chick on back tho..

Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 PM
iride66
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fleabite
Absolutely not. Do you guys take your wives on fishing trips too? Or to the titty bar?

That's how I look at it. And she's perfectly ok with it. She knew what she signed up for. Besides, she's not interested, nor I am interested in her yoga classes.

Honestly, I think couples that are joined at the hip are a little weird. I think healthy marriage requires some healthy alone time. Mine is on my bike and trips and outings with my buddies. Nothing brings a trip down more than that one guy that just had to bring his wife or girlfriend, and you all know what I'm talking about. If you don't, you're that guy.
+1...my wife rarely wants to go and never on long trips. We do other things together and she is cool with me riding alone. I believe traveling without women is alot easier. No drama, no make up, no frequent stops and on and on. I don't mind a passenger once in awhile but do HATE the guy who plans a ride, implying it's the guys and shows up with his wife....or worse yet....is late because his wife wasn't ready.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM
stbobau13
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

No.

Love the solo seat on my street bob

Old 08-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

WIfe rides with me about 50% of the time. like riding with friends or to supper or for weekend trips or week long trips. She's low maintenance and alot of fun to have with me. She does say , you need to go ride with the guys. By the same token she does things with the girls. Sure is nice to have those 38's to lean back on.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
dv8
Intermediate

First thing I did when I got my bike was put a solo seat on it. Wife complained, but hey. She comes out now and again, but only on short rides.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Nope, been divorced for some time now . . . .

Old 08-16-2011, 01:17 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by desertrideryz
I like when my wife rides with me. And I like when she stays home. Two differant styles of riding.
Originally Posted by zukeeper
if the wife restricts what you can do or where you can go , I'd get another wife.just sayin
Originally Posted by Ricks Ride
To each their own TKDKurt. To answer your question, I genuinely like the idea that my wife and I have a similar interest and can enjoy it together. I spend most of my time on the bike alone with rare 2-up trips with Momma. She actually encourages me to get out on the bike alone or to ride with friends when i get the chance. I apparently do good enough making plans with her to ride that it keeps her happy. Win/win for me.
All of the above stand true. I am not married, but I have kids at home. I do love having the kids stay at a friends for a day or two and exploring. It's a good feeling and I enjoy the together time. Of course I have my personal time and she has hers. I'll stay in with the kids and tell her that I dont care where she goes as long as it aint home...Just the way it is.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:18 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

He!! yes I do. Its the best therapy for her MS..

If I don't take time for a ride every day we can she goes and changes her clothes and tells me to get ready, its time to ride.

I enjoy having her on the rear seat with me and she's been there probably 95% of the 35k we've put on our bike.

I really don't like to ride solo alone, and the few times I do ride solo is almost always with my son.

Reckon I prefer not to be a loner while riding.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:38 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by killerk95
I have however taken her mom (75) and her sister for rides from time to time. Sure would be cool to have a hot chick on back tho..
So i guess im not the only one who takes the OL's mom out from time to time. She used to love being back there back in the day, but now that she lives solo it's not really an option for her. I take her when I can, even if it's a little pointless cruise around through the backroads.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Ronin8462
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer to ride alone. I don't have to hear any complaining, "It's to hot, I'm thirsty, did you see what that guy did." On and on.

Quick Reply: Do you REALLY want your spouse along?