General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Pulled Over?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 08:54 AM
DeckerDude
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
I am absolutely astounded...
Me too !!!

Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I think motorcyclists have a view advantage to see cops over cages, plus around Cleveland anyways, there is no shortage of crappy drivers pulling shenanigans all over the road that are a lot more noticeable than anything we do.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Bones77
Road Captain

In 2009 I was leaving a rally in So. IL where a guy got stabbed. Every state trooper in a 500 mile radius was hot footing it to the camp ground. They shut the camp ground down and I just barely got out, about 2 minutes ahead of the shut down. I was about 10 minutes behind a copule riding buddies and I was in the throttle a bit when I hit the highway. Only a bit over 70 but in 55 mph zone. Trooper actually had to turn around to track me down. Snot nosed dude didn't even look like he was shaving yet. Yeah, I deserved the ticket based on speed, but I thought he had better things to be doing that day. You never know. That kind of sucked sitting along the side of the road with tons of bikes cruising by. There must not be any "real" bikers left, none of them stopped to see if I needed help!

Bones

Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

is this a trick question?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 AM
nilro
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Nothing came from that stop, but the club I ride with was laughing. They threatened to use me as the decoy from then on.
I would change your road name to Decoy (if you have one).

Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Sonicgazi
Cruiser

I got pulled over once when I had my Honda rebel and was learning to ride. My friends dad was way ahead of us racing with some guys and me, my friend, and another guy were just riding along in the back of the pack. He pulled us over to see if we could give them info on my friends dad, which we didn't. He had nothing on us except I was riding without a license but he was totally cool about it. Just told us to be safe and not race and for me to get my license whenever I got a chance. Only time I've ever been pulled over by johnny law.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Totally Bored
Road Captain

I got pulled over 2 weeks ago for doing 45 in a 30. I was polite and courteous and respectful and he handed me my ticket. I'm getting tired of being nice. Don't seem to work. and no way was I doing 45mph in a 30 mph zone. Sorry to say but I'm getting to the point where I hate Cops. Everytime I run into them it's a bad thing. Don't get me started.

I hear lately that they are downsizing all the local cops in my area and going with State Troopers and the Troopers are trying to rack up the ticket Money ? Could be BS I quess but either way I'm pissed. I have to take off a day off work and then pay a fine and hope I don't get points.

Such a rediculous ticket and.... the State Trooper said I can get 4 points for it.

Last edited by Totally Bored; 08-12-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:57 AM
scottiebe
Advanced

well after reading these replys i am starting to see a trend, seems like alot of you that have been stopped offten, and or see bikes stopped offten live where the ridding season is year round or close to (not gona get into this discussion) but here in michigan, and maybe true for other seasonal states, maybe the cops realize most of us dont ride year round and just give us a break and turn their heads. i know where i live our PD has a motor fleet, and when i see them while ridding they usually wave or nod! just kind of interesting to read others encounters or experences...

Old 08-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,768 Likes on 2,018 Posts

I've been pulled over twice. First time was in town here back in the '80s. Cop couldn't read my inspection sticker. This was the year that New York printed the MC inspection tags with water soluble ink. First time you washed the bike, the ink would run. He let me go with a warning to get the bike inspected again.

Second time was two towns over from where I live, where the cop pulled me over for doing 32 in a 30 MPH zone. That's not a misprint. It's a small town, and the cops have nothing important to do. After he realized I was local, he let me go with a warning.

That's not counting the times I was busted for riding my dirt bike on the road when I was a kid.

Last edited by Uncle G.; 08-12-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Pulled over way to many times, especial back in the 70's....Back then they would pull you over just because they did not like your looks....
Now not as much....
I have meet a couple of good officers and lot more a$$ hole cops....
Wearing a 3PP you tend to be more cautious....Well sometimes....LOL

Quick Reply: Getting Pulled Over?