General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Pulled Over?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 PM
VTK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Public Road restricted to Motorcycles
in Korea?

I stopped being stupid many moons ago. But even then I've never been pulled over on any of my bikes. At least I don't remember but that just might be the dead brain cells I've managed to wipe out.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Been pulled over twice, same cop, first time tail light was out, second time forgot to turn on head light. No ticket either time. I have to say, I don't see a lot of bikes pulled over.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Cops, I get two reactions from them, they either stare at me like I'm scum, or they wave. Never been pulled over though, yet.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:53 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've only seen one other mc pulled over and that was in Colorado. Guy was getting written up.

I got pulled over on my BMW R1200 GS in April...there were 2 of us coming back from Palo Duro Canyon in the middle of nowhere Texas. Fortunately, we were only going about 10 over at the time since the highway we were on was flat, straight and free of traffic, and it was real tempting to keep it down to just 10 over...esp w/o cruise control.

The trooper gave us both a warning. Nice guy...didn't even want to see my insurance so I didn't have to get off the bike (it was in my saddlebag). My friend didn't have her DL with her and he didn't even ask to see it. We kinda chalked it up to us being female as TX Troopers usually start writing you up before you have time to bat an eye....that or it was that I have a CHL.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I see them pulled over a lot here in SoCal. Too fast rockets. With too fast CHP BMWs following. I've been pulled over once. On the beach road in Del Mar, CA. Brand new Honda Shadow. No plate yet so he pulled me over to check the reg. Checked my license for the endorsement. He made the comment that there were a lot of stolen bikes that had the plates removed so they pull bikes over without plates just to check. He was pretty cool about it and I wasn't and still aren't in a hurry.

Also got pulled into a vehicle check here in Escondido about a year or so ago. Got asked for license but not insurance or reg. Told the officer I really appreciated the check points looking for DUI and unlicensed (illegal alien non insured) drivers. Like the one that hit my daughter-in-law and tried to run. He left his bumper with the license plate on the road. Drove to a doughnut shop and was immediately grabbed by two firemen that followed him. It happened in front of the fire station. Those types of accidents have decreased dramatically since the Escondido Police have been doing the check points on a regular basis. Just read there's another happening this weekend. Go get 'em.

Last edited by Other Sheep; 08-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Once 47 yrs ago. Get this,, for loud pipes. Any one Remember the flippers on the 305 Scramblers..

They don't even look for that now a days...

Old 08-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by mi2az
In my entire life I never heard of a Public Road restricted to Motorcycles . Where is this road at ?
Korea. All expressways (think toll road interstate style) and lots of motorways (think divided highway). They have a blanket no two wheeled vehicles restriction. There was discussion of making it diplacement restrictive, which all big bikes would be good to go, but it didn't happen. They do it to keep 49cc scooters off of the higher speed roads...no ability to reason that big bikes are faster than 99% of the cars here.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only ticket I have ever received on a motorcycle was TDPS[skunks]. He wasn't a nice guy. I knew I was getting that ticket. Especially after we traded insults. I think a firefighter was sleeping with his old lady. Another time I got pulled over leaving a biker bar. Reason given for pulling me over was that I was wobbly leaving the parking lot. Leo was surprised when I told him I don't drink. Nothing came from that stop, but the club I ride with was laughing. They threatened to use me as the decoy from then on.
Originally Posted by monstead
I've only seen one other mc pulled over and that was in Colorado. Guy was getting written up.

I got pulled over on my BMW R1200 GS in April...there were 2 of us coming back from Palo Duro Canyon in the middle of nowhere Texas. Fortunately, we were only going about 10 over at the time since the highway we were on was flat, straight and free of traffic, and it was real tempting to keep it down to just 10 over...esp w/o cruise control.

The trooper gave us both a warning. Nice guy...didn't even want to see my insurance so I didn't have to get off the bike (it was in my saddlebag). My friend didn't have her DL with her and he didn't even ask to see it. We kinda chalked it up to us being female as TX Troopers usually start writing you up before you have time to bat an eye....that or it was that I have a CHL.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:29 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
If you wear a 3pp it becomes fairly routine.
Too routine.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
The only ticket I have ever received on a motorcycle was TDPS[skunks]. He wasn't a nice guy. I knew I was getting that ticket. Especially after we traded insults. I think a firefighter was sleeping with his old lady. Another time I got pulled over leaving a biker bar. Reason given for pulling me over was that I was wobbly leaving the parking lot. Leo was surprised when I told him I don't drink. Nothing came from that stop, but the club I ride with was laughing. They threatened to use me as the decoy from then on.
Probably not the best way to have a conversation with a cop when you get pulled over. Revenge ticket, huh.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/humor...-the-door.html

Quick Reply: Getting Pulled Over?